Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dears, I want to apply for MBA in Australia in order to get post graduate work visa but I have some questions:
1- I have master degree in Engineering and I finish my skills assessment and it was positive:) but till now I didn't get any invitations from EOI So I want to study MBA in Australia so I can enhance my points by having two years of study in Australia and at the same time I can apply for post graduate work Visa after graduation so Can I do that or not.
2- In case I get postgraduate work visa after getting MBA in Australia , can I choose to work on my engineering profession (which I have positive Skill assessment) Or I have to work in business sector only related to my MBA study.:confused:
3- is that true that the study period in Australia count for the 4 years to get Australian citizenship.

pls your advice

·
Registered
535 Posts
Dears, :)

Please write correct English first. Without good English, it will be difficult for you to get anything be it job or PR. Now, please read my answers in line with your queries:

Dears, I want to apply for MBA in Australia in order to get post graduate work visa but I have some questions:
1- I have master degree in Engineering and I finish my skills assessment and it was positive:) but till now I didn't get any invitations from EOI So I want to study MBA in Australia so I can enhance my points by having two years of study in Australia and at the same time I can apply for post graduate work Visa after graduation so Can I do that or not.

It's unclear if you are targetting 457 visa (work visa) or PR. If you are targetting work visa, then yes, generally the job has to be in the field relevant to your study and the employer should be willing to sponsor your visa. While the job can be in any field, but practically, employer will consider your Australian degree for matching jobs and hence if you get a job, most likely it will be in the field of business since your latest degree would be MBA then.

If you are doing masters just for gathering points, then in that case your aim should be PR. If you don't have work visa, then you can work in Australia only after you get PR (if you apply for it) and job can be in any field. It doesn't matter once you are a permanent resident.

2- In case I get postgraduate work visa after getting MBA in Australia , can I choose to work on my engineering profession (which I have positive Skill assessment) Or I have to work in business sector only related to my MBA study.:confused:

You first need to read a lot on this forum and improve your understanding about the subject matter. Your understanding isn't clear yet. Positive skill assessment is just a part of your PR process. It doesn't play any role in your job hunt. As I mentioned above, you can do job in any field on work visa as long as your employer is willing to sponsor your visa. Please remember - you can't get work visa on your own. Some employer has to sponsor it for you and it's not easy.

3- is that true that the study period in Australia count for the 4 years to get Australian citizenship.

Australian citizenship requirement at present is - 4 years of stay in Australia of which at least 1 year as a permanent resident. You could have found this info yourself as it is very easily available on internet and even on this forum. Please use "search" option on the top right corner of this forum.

pls your advice

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Dears, :) Please write correct English first. Without good English, it will be difficult for you to get anything be it job or PR. Now, please read my answers in line with your queries:
It's rather rude to critique another poster's English ability on the forum and a bit fresh coming from someone whose English isn't quite perfect to begin with.

·
Registered
535 Posts
It's rather rude to critique another poster's English ability on the forum and a bit fresh coming from someone whose English isn't quite perfect to begin with.
Sorry Ozbound if you found it rude, but I welcome you to point out my mistakes in writing. I will rather appreciate it as it will improve my English skills. It will surely help! Believe me, I take it very positively.. and honestly I encourage you to point my mistakes in the public forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear kettlerope

thanks a lot for your reply, I really appreciate the time you spent in writing the answers to me.

Regarding my poor English, my apology to you cause I didn't have the privilege like you to have a good English study, but that was not a barrier to me to achieve my dreams.
I get 6.5 in IELTS by my effort only without any help or teaching (7 in listening , 7 in speaking , 6.5 in writing , 6 in reading) although I am a husband and father for 4 children and I was working full time.
I also get master degree in mechanical engineering from university of Manchester ( Semester 1 (Distinction) ,Semester 2 (Merit) , Semester 3 Research (Distinction).
No one complain about my English may be because my supervisors and colleagues were too polite or shy to tell me this note.
I get 65 points in EOI and till now I didn't get any invitations to apply for 190 or 189 Visa while others have less than this points and get invited (I cannot complain because that belong to each state needs and demands and I respect that).
I am now looking for my second master degree to improve my chances to get a good job and good opportunity.
Dear friend All what I achieved was by a strong will and not by poor English.

thanks again for your time.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Sorry Ozbound if you found it rude, but I welcome you to point out my mistakes in writing. I will rather appreciate it as it will improve my English skills. It will surely help! Believe me, I take it very positively.. and honestly I encourage you to point my mistakes in the public forum.
I'm not your English teacher.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Dear kettlerope

thanks a lot for your reply, I really appreciate the time you spent in writing the answers to me.

Regarding my poor English, my apology to you cause I didn't have the privilege like you to have a good English study, but that was not a barrier to me to achieve my dreams.
I get 6.5 in IELTS by my effort only without any help or teaching (7 in listening , 7 in speaking , 6.5 in writing , 6 in reading) although I am a husband and father for 4 children and I was working full time.
I also get master degree in mechanical engineering from university of Manchester ( Semester 1 (Distinction) ,Semester 2 (Merit) , Semester 3 Research (Distinction).
No one complain about my English may be because my supervisors and colleagues were too polite or shy to tell me this note.
I get 65 points in EOI and till now I didn't get any invitations to apply for 190 or 189 Visa while others have less than this points and get invited (I cannot complain because that belong to each state needs and demands and I respect that).
I am now looking for my second master degree to improve my chances to get a good job and good opportunity.

I appreciate your revert. If you take my comment about English as impolite one, then what do you take say 5 points in IELTS as (hypothetically)? Isn't it impolite of the examining authority too, to give you less points? Come on, let's be honest and not pretentious. Let's grow up. If you have studied last 6 years of your education in English, you are expected to be good at it. 70% (or may be even more) of world's population isn't born in English speaking countries, including you and me. People learn it later. You can bring up 10 mistakes in my posts and I would not only appreciate it but will love it as it will help me improve my skills in English. After all, on this forum we are happy to improve our English with fellow members' help, more so when we intend to live in an English country. What's so polite and impolite about it?! Glad to know that you went to Uni of Manchester and had great exposure of English country and the language.

Now, coming to the point, if people who have same points as you and lodged EOI after you have received invite, then why haven't you got it yet? There has to be some reason to it. I don't think system of DIBP can ever go wrong in the sequence/order of invite. I am referring to 189 visa, so state sponsorship has no role to play there.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Dear kettlerope

You have just commented about English and your educational background. I am awaiting your comments in response to my answers to your queries.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
That's not fair then. If you can comment that my English has mistakes then you should at least help me with those and more so when I am requesting for the same myself. :(
Chill....but lets not mock anyone because of poor language skills. In oz millions of people dont have perfect english but they are still doing well . local people respect all languages and encourage those who are trying to learn english and i never heard anyone making fun of immigrants with bad english....

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
That's not fair then. If you can comment that my English has mistakes then you should at least help me with those and more so when I am requesting for the same myself. :(
How is that not fair? It's not my job to correct every single grammatically incorrect post I see on this forum. That in and of itself would be a full time job, one that doesn't interest me in the slightest especially since it doesn't benefit me in any appreciable way. Now, if you want to pay me, I'd be happy to correct your English.

By the way, the only reason I said your English wasn't perfect was because you took it upon yourself to criticise someone for their less-than-perfect English. I found the irony rather amusing. That's all.

·
Registered
535 Posts
How is that not fair? It's not my job to correct every single grammatically incorrect post I see on this forum. That in and of itself would be a full time job, one that doesn't interest me in the slightest especially since it doesn't benefit me in any appreciable way. Now, if you want to pay me, I'd be happy to correct your English.

By the way, the only reason I said your English wasn't perfect was because you took it upon yourself to criticise someone for their less-than-perfect English. I found the irony rather amusing. That's all.
Thanks, Ozbound. On a lighter note, I am glad you aren't charging money for replying to people's queries on this forum. That's help as well and you don't gain much from it as you mentioned. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Thanks, Ozbound. On a lighter note, I am glad you aren't charging money for replying to people's queries on this forum. That's help as well and you don't gain much from it as you mentioned. :)
Maybe so but it's one thing to answer queries and impart my own knowledge and experience of moving to Australia and quite another to correct English grammar on a forum. As I said, I'm not an English teacher.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts