Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am trying to find out whether there is somewhere near Clermont-Ferrand where I could study filmmaking (especially cinematography). There's that big short film festival so I thought there might be film schools there but so far I haven't found anything.

If there isn't anywhere to study filmmaking near Clermont-Ferrand, what are the best (practical) film schools in the rest of France?

A bit about my situation - I have a French husband and we're moving to France soon. Clermont-Ferrand is an option we're considering. I have a long-stay spouse visa that lets me work and study. First I will study more French language but then I would like to continue studying film/multi-media. If there are film or TV production companies but no film school there I would be happy to seek work as an intern, having done some film courses already.

Many thanks for any advice you can offer,
Rose

·
Administrator
51,989 Posts
I suspect you're going to find that most of the film schools in France are located in or near Paris - or possibly down south near Cannes. But in doing my research, I did stumble onto a site that has listings of film schools MEILLEURE ECOLE DE CINEMA ET D AUDIOVISUEL PAR METIER - FORMATION AUDIOVISUELLE Can't vouch for its accuracy, but the listings should at least get you started.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bev,

Thanks very much for your quick response and the link you shared. Film schools do seem to be all around Paris, don't they? Perhaps we will end up there after all. But for now will keep going with my research.

Cheers,
Rose

·
Registered
661 Posts
I can only tell you about the film school where I teach. The curriculum is in English and they are located near Paris. Maybe you can see what the Clermond Ferrand university has to offer. Sometimes, uni have programs with equipement and financements allowing an intersting program.

Regarding production companies, for having been shooting around Clermond Ferrand some 10 years ago, I don't know production companies in Clermond Ferrand.
Maybe you want to try Lyon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bonjour 'Relocatella',

I would be interested to hear about your film school as we have not decided yet where in France we will move to - it will probably depend on his work so it might be Paris if that's where he gets a job. Which film school do you work for and what is it like?

Many thanks,
Rose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.