Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I would like to ask if there is anybody who has done a Childrens Services Diploma in Aus, especially either in the Perth area or Brisbane area? I have a Montessori Diploma and want to use it in Aus but the laws are changing by 2012 and I will need to have this Diploma and maybe be working towards a degree. The prices as an overseas student as so high, I think I can manage a year but would really be grateful if anybody has any advise? Hopefully then I could get a job and me and my son can finally stay and call it home.

·
Banned
934 Posts
TAFE is good.

A year diploma would be easy to do and would give you valuable skills which should help you secure work. TAFE is considered more hands on than university and the diploma will probably get you a lot of units credited for if you go on to do a Uni degree.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have looked into Tafe and it seems like the best option you are right and that I could then go on and do a degree, with, in some cases some time knocked off. The thing is that each tafe as different prices, and this is my problem. None of them are the same, as I am already qualified for Montessori and it was an intense course I am/was hoping that I could go straight inot the Diploma rather than have to do the certificate of Childrens Services first. The thing is getting my Diploma recognised as covering what the cert does. Uni's do this under their own steam but Tafes seem to have a really complicated way of assessing previous qualifications. I thought I had found one that I could afford but to get my points rec has proved to be the snarl up, been hard work so far. I really want to come back to Aus and have my child grow up there but its hard and if you have the money thats all good but it takes a while to save. Maybe I should look round Melbourne, if you have any recommendations of Tafes could you pass them on? All really complicated I know but haven't given up yet! Thanks for you input I appreciate it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts