Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Adelaide we have Tafe SA which is the level below our University, what is Canada equivalent ?

I can do a Diploma in IT Networking...something equivalent in Canada though in a Network/Server field to learn more.

Just another avenue to take perhaps.

·
Registered
144 Posts
In Adelaide we have Tafe SA which is the level below our University, what is Canada equivalent ?

I can do a Diploma in IT Networking...something equivalent in Canada though in a Network/Server field to learn more.

Just another avenue to take perhaps.
What city in Canada are you living in (or will be living in)?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are thinking Toronto.

But then im still banking on myself going over as a visitor and my wife on her IEC WHV and hopefully the POE Officer will along me to accompany her over her whole duration of her stay atleast 1year.

IEC mention this in there reply email to me: "On arrival at the Canadian port of entry, a person accompanying their spouse or common-law partner or parent who holds the IEC work permit may ask to be granted admission to Canada for a duration coinciding with their spouse or common-law partner or parent's IEC work permit but the Port of Entry Officer has the discretion to grant this or not. The spouse must provide a copy of the marriage certificate; the child, a copy of the birth certificate along with a written consent of the other non-accompanying parent if the child is travelling with only one parent; while the common-law partner must submit documentary evidence to show you have cohabited in an ongoing relationship for a minimum period of 12 months. This may include copies of documents such as: joint bank statements or statements to the same address; joint property ownership; superannuation beneficiary declaration/s; wills, etc. and include Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union"

We will be paying for 6mths accomodation straight up before we leave and taking 15k-20k in proof of funds with us, along with talking out health insurance for 12mths (couples insurance) also along with all supporting documentation, bank statements, marriage certificate, etc...hope all should be fine :)

We will both be going over on one way tickets each.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.