Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All

I have applied for a PGCE in the UK to be a secondary PE teacher. I just found out that the cost has rose from just over £1000 to £9000

I have always wanted to move to Australia, the main reason i wanted to do this course was to emigrate in the future. Does anyone know whether i can do a similar post graduate course in oz and have access to loans while i study? I would like to go to Melbourne as i know there is a big UK influence over there, but am open minded since i have no idea about the Universities over there

Thanks

Will

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi All

I have applied for a PGCE in the UK to be a secondary PE teacher. I just found out that the cost has rose from just over £1000 to £9000

I have always wanted to move to Australia, the main reason i wanted to do this course was to emigrate in the future. Does anyone know whether i can do a similar post graduate course in oz and have access to loans while i study? I would like to go to Melbourne as i know there is a big UK influence over there, but am open minded since i have no idea about the Universities over there

Thanks

Will
Actually PERTH has the most U.K influence, but why you looking for UK influence? Why not adapt a more multicultural society its the way of the future, people who don't want to mix are a dying breed. Anyway, if u want subsidized education u have to apply for permanent residence visa 175 or 176 u can look up info on this forum, use the search its v good

·
Registered
974 Posts
While there are courses in PE and education in Aus, the fees as an international student are extremely higher than domestic fees. An average course at uni will cost you around $23,000 a year. You won't be eligible for any loans, they're only for citizens and permanent residents.

It's not cheap to be an iternational student in Australia !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually PERTH has the most U.K influence, but why you looking for UK influence? Why not adapt a more multicultural society its the way of the future, people who don't want to mix are a dying breed. Anyway, if u want subsidized education u have to apply for permanent residence visa 175 or 176 u can look up info on this forum, use the search its v good
i just thought that there will be a higher availability of loans and places for regions more accustomed to brits.

G

·
Australia is nothing like the UK! IMO more like the USA than the UK.

But no loans no, not from the UK for overseas study unless it was part of a course at a UK university. Non from Australia as they are only for Citizens!

But that aside the likelihood of you finding a job as a PE Teacher in Australia are slim to non! Teachers are only really in short supply in places most people dont want to live. And as the ozzies are much more outdoor oriented than us Brits PE teachers are ten a penny. Most also teach another subject which would be the way in which they get a job!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Australia is nothing like the UK! IMO more like the USA than the UK.
Of course, I only said Australia wasn't "alien" compared to the UK :p I just found the poster's comment weird "places for regions more accustomed to brits", as if to say he wouldn't be comfortable in a place without Brits...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.