Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have calmed down a little since my last rant which was about the fact that nurses had been removed from the FSW list!

Anyway, things move on...

My wife has just completed an SEC assessment for CARNA (Nursing Governing Body) and now has to complete some studies to top up her UK qualification. I understand that if these studies total under 6 months, no Visa is required. However, if they take longer than 6 months, a Student Visa is then required. Going through the CIC website, most of the form collecting seems fine, however, one section gets me eveytime!

When you are an accompanying spouse, if I wanted to apply for a work permit, do they automatically class the appliaction as an Open Work Permit, or do I have the same restrictions with finding a LMO approved job before an OWP is given?

Thank you

·
Registered
183 Posts
Student partner work permits are open work permits. No LMO required, however there are other criteria which may be a challenge for you.

Your student partner will need a study permit for you to qualify as well be a full-time student in an eligible institution.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thinkering said:
Student partner work permits are open work permits. No LMO required, however there are other criteria which may be a challenge for you.

Your student partner will need a study permit for you to qualify as well be a full-time student in an eligible institution.
Thanks for the reply...

That's cool, what qualifies as an eligible place of study? The courses are all to do with training International Nurses (IEN's) so I'm hoping that the Mount Royal University and the Grant Macewan University are eligible?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.