Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be studying French language at Université Bordeaux Montaigne beginning this fall and I'm in the process of applying for a student visa. I have a question about proving that I have sufficient funds. The consulate's website states that I must have $820 for every month that I will be living in France. I intend to study for two years, which I stated in my study goals in my CampusFrance application. However, I am technically only pre-registered for the first year since the university only allows students to register for one year at a time. So, when I go to apply for my initial student visa, will the consulate want me to show that I have $820 per month for the entire two year period or just for the first year that I am pre-registered for?

·
Administrator
51,337 Posts
It may depend on where you're getting your money from. But in order to renew your student residence permit for the second year, you will have to show (once again) that you have the resources for the year. If you're enrolling in a two year program, you may not need to show you have the money now for both years - but if you currently have only the money for the first year, you should be able to tell them (or better show them) how you expect to have the money for your second year when it comes time to renew your residence card.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bev,

Thanks for the reply. When I go to apply for my visa, I will have enough money saved for the first year and some for the second year. By the time I actually leave to go to France in September, I will have more than enough saved for both years. Hopefully that will be sufficient.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts