Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I am thinking about beginning a subsequent study course in Australia and currently try to understand full process of becoming a student and may be further stay. Please help me clarify the whole process. As I have understand you need 573 visa to begin a course, after getting the degree (bachelor I consider), you can apply for graduate temporary visa (485 as I am aware) which allows you to stay and work in the country up to 2 years, and during this time you will be eligible to apply for 189 or 190 PR visas. Right I guess? BUT, the thing I don't understand is following - when you are graduating form an AU university you don't need skills assessment to be eligible to work in AU. On the other hand 189 and 190 visas require to need skills assessed in assessing authorities, most of these organizations require 1 or more years of experience to give a positive outcome. Then how are you supposed to apply for above mentioned visas, do you really need to pass the skills assessment so need to work anyway after graduating, or this is only for overseas workers?:confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts