Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am a masters student with a visa valid till the 1st week of September. I have been living in Evry (close to paris) for the past year, and will be moving to Paris in August.

I need to apply for an APS (autorisation provisoire de séjour) to extend my stay in Paris. I went to the prefecture at Evry, and I was told that since I am moving to Paris I need to apply for APS at the Paris prefecture.

I however have not been able to get an appointment for an APS at the Paris Prefecture. I now have only 40 days before my visa expires. How can I get an appointment and apply for the APS?

Thanks in advance

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Hello,
I am a masters student with a visa valid till the 1st week of September. I have been living in Evry (close to paris) for the past year, and will be moving to Paris in August.

I need to apply for an APS (autorisation provisoire de séjour) to extend my stay in Paris. I went to the prefecture at Evry, and I was told that since I am moving to Paris I need to apply for APS at the Paris prefecture.

I however have not been able to get an appointment for an APS at the Paris Prefecture. I now have only 40 days before my visa expires. How can I get an appointment and apply for the APS?

Thanks in advance
You have a real problem because you are required to submit your request 2 months prior to expiry of your visa https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F17319.

If you have not yet moved, I can only suggest you go back to the Evry prefecture to make the application (without mentioning the impending move) - they may or may not accept it given the required timeframe.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You have a real problem because you are required to submit your request 2 months prior to expiry of your visa https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F17319.

If you have not yet moved, I can only suggest you go back to the Evry prefecture to make the application (without mentioning the impending move) - they may or may not accept it given the required timeframe.
EH, it's actually anytime during the two months preceding the expiration that he can submit the request, so all is good!

I agree that the OP's best shot is to go back to Evry without mentioning his move. He can then apply for the change of address once he receives his APS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts