Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am wondering how would I get a license to sell my paintings at street markets in rural France. I am a USA citizen. I also make handbags and currently wholesale them to shops here in USA, what would I need to do to sell them wholesale in France.
Thanks

·
Administrator
49,084 Posts
Hi,
I am wondering how would I get a license to sell my paintings at street markets in rural France. I am a USA citizen. I also make handbags and currently wholesale them to shops here in USA, what would I need to do to sell them wholesale in France.
Thanks
AFAIK the street markets you refer to are generally authorized by the local town halls (mairies). To have a booth at a local market, you generally have to have a registered business - which means you would probably need to be resident in France.

I suppose another option is to wholesale your goods to established vendors in France who sell at local markets.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AFAIK the street markets you refer to are generally authorized by the local town halls (mairies). To have a booth at a local market, you generally have to have a registered business - which means you would probably need to be resident in France.

I suppose another option is to wholesale your goods to established vendors in France who sell at local markets.
Cheers,
Bev
Thanks so much Bev,
I lived in France during the 1970's and somehow didn't care too much about being "legal" but now at 50 yr.s old am more in the establishment. I had a student visa. If I wholesale my wares do you know what licenses I need?
I am going to the arles area.

·
Administrator
49,084 Posts
If you're going to be living in France, you'll still need to set up some form of business entity in order to sell your works to resellers. That will involve getting registered with the various insurance caisses and the TVA people, if applicable.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks again!

If you're going to be living in France, you'll still need to set up some form of business entity in order to sell your works to resellers. That will involve getting registered with the various insurance caisses and the TVA people, if applicable.
Cheers,
Bev

Thanks again! I really appreciate it!
Suetodd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.