Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking for some advice regarding the streamlined pathway for 457 holders.

My husband is the primary applicant and we are here on a subclass 457 visa. Currently, we are living in Melbourne, VIC since March 2017.

Please find below details:

Primary Applicant:
Qualification: B.E. - Computer Science (POINTS: 15)
Work Experience: 9 years (onshore and offshore) (POINTS: 15)
ANZSCO: 261111

Dependent (Me)
Qualification: B.C.A.,M.Tech
Work Experience: 5.8 years

1) Please advice me what needs to be done to apply for PR using the streamlined pathway.
2) Is 189 a better option or a state sponsorship (190) will be easily available in our situation?
3)Since the PA's qualification is relevant to total work experience, the number of years counted for exp should be 9, am I right?
4) what all other conditions need to satisfied / steps to be followed to successfully apply for PR.
5) is the streamline option any different/ better from regular PR ? if yes, How?
6) Right now, we have 60 points without PTE high score or partner skill qualification or state nomination, should we carry on with that or try to have more points?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

I am looking for some advice regarding the streamlined pathway for 457 holders.

My husband is the primary applicant and we are here on a subclass 457 visa. Currently, we are living in Melbourne, VIC since March 2017.

Please find below details:

Primary Applicant:
Qualification: B.E. - Computer Science (POINTS: 15)
Work Experience: 9 years (onshore and offshore) (POINTS: 15)
ANZSCO: 261111

Dependent (Me)
Qualification: B.C.A.,M.Tech
Work Experience: 5.8 years

1) Please advice me what needs to be done to apply for PR using the streamlined pathway.
2) Is 189 a better option or a state sponsorship (190) will be easily available in our situation?
3)Since the PA's qualification is relevant to total work experience, the number of years counted for exp should be 9, am I right?
4) what all other conditions need to satisfied / steps to be followed to successfully apply for PR.
5) is the streamline option any different/ better from regular PR ? if yes, How?
6) Right now, we have 60 points without PTE high score or partner skill qualification or state nomination, should we carry on with that or try to have more points?
Hi,

Below are my thoughts:
1. You need to be in VIC atleast for one year on your 457 with a job in hand
2. 189 gives more flexibility to stay outside in first two years if needed, but getting 190 with 457 streamlined is faster if you have less points
3. Victoria will consider complete experience but you have to qualify for DIBP rules. I.e. clearing ACS and getting alteast 60 total points
4. There are lots, I would suggest go to DIBP and Victoria website to avoid confusion
5. Not in terms of your rights in Australia. It is faster (decision in 2 weeks)
6. Having more points good to make your case better, but I believe victoria check everything including CV and other accolades.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello EXPAT forum,

I have 60 points (including 5point from state) , I have VIC employer also and I am in vic for last one year and 6.5 in ILETS.

Am I eligble for 457 steamlined pathway for Computer Network Engineer 263111.

Please let me , appreicate your help

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi mate!
I'm in very similar situation except that I'm as a software engineer. Did you apply for the PR using the 457 streamlined process?

Can you share your experience?

Thanks!
Nico

Hello EXPAT forum,

I have 60 points (including 5point from state) , I have VIC employer also and I am in vic for last one year and 6.5 in ILETS.

Am I eligble for 457 steamlined pathway for Computer Network Engineer 263111.

Please let me , appreicate your help

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi mate!
I'm in very similar situation except that I'm as a software engineer. Did you apply for the PR using the 457 streamlined process?

Can you share your experience?

Thanks!
Nico
Hi Nico,

Did you apply for PR under Streamlined process? I'm planning to do the same as I completed one year in July.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi mate. Not yet. I just got the score I needed in the English exam to be able to apply. I'll start the process in a couple of weeks when I get back to Australia from my holidays.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

Anyone in the group who has received a PR invite using this 457 streamlined process?

Kindly respond. Need your urgent help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts