Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to stop smoking for ages and this new year decided to try Electronic Cigarettes.

I saw an advert in a local ex-pats magazine and bought some from a local supplier in Brittany - so far they are working !

Does anyone else have any experience with electronic cigarettes:confused ?

G

·
Electronic cigarettes ?? What, do you get an electric shock with each drag? A neon health warning sign that lights up? :D

·
Administrator
49,785 Posts
Electronic cigarettes ?? What, do you get an electric shock with each drag? A neon health warning sign that lights up? :D
No, no, no... but I didn't think these things were available yet in France.

They're little artificial cigarettes that have some sort of electronic gizmo inside that makes "smoke" and lights the end so it looks like a real ciggie. I think the smoke is actually steam or water vapor, and there's some way to put a little bit of nicotine in there while you're weaning yourself off the Real Thing. Ultimately you're just toking water vapor, which is admittedly healthier than all the gunk in the tobacco.

I guess it's supposed to feed the "habit" of the physical action of smoking cigarettes, while getting you off the nasty chemicals. (Sort of a nicotine patch "with benefits"...)
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are available - I got them online from - Intellicig France

They are based in Brittany and they inform me that I can now get stock from one of their outlets in the Morbihan area.
As far as I am concerned they are fantastic - so far !!

Frogblogger - perhaps you need an electric shock - might make you jump !!:p

·
Registered
254 Posts
They are available - I got them online from - Intellicig France

They are based in Brittany and they inform me that I can now get stock from one of their outlets in the Morbihan area.
As far as I am concerned they are fantastic - so far !!

Frogblogger - perhaps you need an electric shock - might make you jump !!:p
What is the benefit? What I mean to say is are they merely a psychological crutch or do they emit some sort of smoke or taste or?? The way you describe them, it more or less sounds like a Pavlov type trick... the light goes off and you are supposed to get something out of it to reduce your dependancy?

·
Administrator
49,785 Posts
What is the benefit? What I mean to say is are they merely a psychological crutch or do they emit some sort of smoke or taste or?? The way you describe them, it more or less sounds like a Pavlov type trick... the light goes off and you are supposed to get something out of it to reduce your dependancy?
The nicotine juice or whatever it is you put in the thing acts something like a nicotine patch. You just reduce the level over time.

And the physical action of "smoking" the thing deals with the habit of futzing with a cigarette - fiddling with something to keep your hands active.

Not unlike the old trick of sucking on lollipops to try and give up the habit. But I guess they never did get around to making nicotine lollipops available.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
254 Posts
The nicotine juice or whatever it is you put in the thing acts something like a nicotine patch. You just reduce the level over time.

And the physical action of "smoking" the thing deals with the habit of futzing with a cigarette - fiddling with something to keep your hands active.

Not unlike the old trick of sucking on lollipops to try and give up the habit. But I guess they never did get around to making nicotine lollipops available.
Cheers,
Bev
Thanks Bev... I guess I am out of touch.. When I gave up smoking about 35 yrs ago, I just quit... Didn't seem like it was all that difficult.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.