Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I hope someone can give me a solution or an idea on how to handle this situation

Basically if had a refusal dated in February 2017. The refusal was for a spouse visa I am the sponsor and my husband was the applicant. We have not appealed but are planning to submit a new application in the next two months.

I used my bank account to pay for the application and Ihs fee... I was told it would take three months to receive my refund.

After three months no refund i rang home office I gave them my ihs reference number the women said she has put a request for me she told me to wait a further three months and to not contact them In this time.

It has been a further three months and no refund i have been waiting a total of six months I wrote an email cmplainig but had an automated reply saying it can't be handled as it's an application outside the UK.

I feel very stuck.. I'm really unsure of how I can get this money which is owed to me back.. I would really like it before I put on my new application again. I will ring the number again next week if I have not recieved it by then

But is there anyone who has experience this. What's the best action for me to take
please if anyone can help me out I will appreciate it

Many thanks
Layla

·
Registered
924 Posts
I would use the above link and send them an e mail as well as call that number on there. Keep badgering. That money is owed to you and you will have it back!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I agree it's very unfair......

I'm just worried that I might receive it after I put on my second application...

which will put me into panic mode when I see the money gone into my account as I wil be filled with anixety unsure whether it is money due to me from my last application or if my new application has been refused and the ihs money has been refunded.!

·
Registered
579 Posts

I'm just worried that I might receive it after I put on my second application...

which will put me into panic mode when I see the money gone into my account as I wil be filled with anixety unsure whether it is money due to me from my last application or if my new application has been refused and the ihs money has been refunded.!
Why don't you ask your solicitor, since you're using one? Maybe when people receive refunds, it shows the IHS ref on bank statements/online. So you maybe able to compare the two references.

Ask your local MP contact the home office?

·
Registered
556 Posts

Get the local MP involved - make sure that payment you made is refunded back to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.