Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have got the +ve ACS result and yesterday got the IELTS results online. L:8, R:8.5, W:7, S:7. In short, I am all ready to apply for GSM 175 visa now.

However, I think GSM 176 route is much better and faster. According to NSW website, they take 3-4 weeks to take decision on sponsorship application. If I apply for NSW sponsorship tomorrow, I'm assuming to get their reply by first week of June. Only then, I will have 2-3 weeks to apply for GSM 176 before June 30th.

I would appriciate if you guys suggest me on these:

1- Do I have enough time to apply for NSW SS? In other words, Do I still have enough time for GSM 176 or I should go for GSM 175 straightaway?

2- Is there any indication somewhere that DIAC will stop accepting application well before June 30th in order to clear their backlog? Is that happened in the past before (i-e in 2010 & 2011)?

Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
We are in the same boat. I decided to apply for SS. I can only apply for VIC SS and this may take 12 weeks - I decided that if I haven't got the answer by June 23th, then I will lodge 175.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hello all,

I have got the +ve ACS result and yesterday got the IELTS results online. L:8, R:8.5, W:7, S:7. In short, I am all ready to apply for GSM 175 visa now.

However, I think GSM 176 route is much better and faster. According to NSW website, they take 3-4 weeks to take decision on sponsorship application. If I apply for NSW sponsorship tomorrow, I'm assuming to get their reply by first week of June. Only then, I will have 2-3 weeks to apply for GSM 176 before June 30th.

I would appriciate if you guys suggest me on these:

1- Do I have enough time to apply for NSW SS? In other words, Do I still have enough time for GSM 176 or I should go for GSM 175 straightaway?

2- Is there any indication somewhere that DIAC will stop accepting application well before June 30th in order to clear their backlog? Is that happened in the past before (i-e in 2010 & 2011)?

Thanks
1. You have enough time if NSW gets back to you in time. If you fail or it gets delayed, apply 175.
2. DIAC has stated they will accept 175 & 176 till 30th june, but that doesn't mean u should take ur time, u have to hurry up with your application as time is short.

you can also opt to go 175 from the getgo, its definitely superior to 176. currently it takes no more than 6 months for case officer. But if you are in a hurry go for SS route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.