Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

Sorry for the long silence.. there was so much going on and things have changed quite a bit for us over the summer.

In a short synopsis.. we moved in, the weather was glorious and has remained largely so all through the summer.
Loving the location of the house, so close to the beach but without the hindrance of sand everywhere :)
Had quite a few visitors and this stream won't stop till after Christmas/new Year I think, though thankfully we get a few weeks in between each lot.

Had to go back to the UK for a few days to care for my son after his hip operation, and had a long weekend in Holland for my sister/BIl's 25th wedding anniversary.

We are happy to live in France, and are slowly picking up some French habits and food ideas :)
Our neighbours are lovely and helpful in helping us getting to know other people around, so that is good for the integration.

The biggest change/downside however, is that I have lost my job/income. So while we can survive (just!) on DH's pension, it is not quite going to be enough to do what we need to do to the house and to be as comfortable as we would like to be. So looking for something else, to supplement the income! This was a bit of a shocker as the way it was all planned was good and comfortable.
Should have known life has not lost it's habit of throwing a curve ball when you don't expect one! :/

Other than that, my French is improving on a daily basis, and can now have a halfway sensible conversation (yes, me! LOL!) without having to do too much umming and ehhing.. :)

So, time to take stock has been taken, and now onwards and upwards, and that included getting back online to talk to people I got to know earlier in the year. I was aware that I had neglected you guys for a bit!

Gerda - in sunshine but awaiting windy times on Friday!

Reactions: hils

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Good to see you back x

Reactions: Gerda
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.