1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mates,
Actually I am currently working in Australia on 476 visa. My background is:
PTE score: 65+ in L R W S
Engineers Australia Assessment in Professional Telecom Engineer (2016).

Actually I have been working in Australia for the last 14 months as Electrical Compliance Technician.I have submitted new CDR regarding my job and paid for fast track + Relevant skill Assessment. I have also uploaded Experience Letter from company and all the required documents. If I get positive assessment in Electrical Engineer. With this +ive assessment report by EU I will be able to score 60 points.

Can anybody guide me after this what will be next step if I wana apply for 189? Actually I don't want to go to some migration agent. My current visa going to Expire on 24th SEP 2017 and I will get EU assessment report by first week of SEP 2017 if there is no delay.

:)

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
With just 60 points, I don't think you will get an invitation to apply before your current visa expires. You can guesstimate when you may get an invitation by studying the patterns here: SkillSelect (see the 'Invitation rounds' tab and study the previous and current reports wrt points cut-off for your occupation [ANZSCO] and the last invited EOI date). From what I remember, 60 pointers from non-pro-rated occupations (like yours) are waiting since June, so you will be 2.5 months (at least) behind in this pool when you submit your EOI in September.

As for steps, this is a good starting point: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-australia-what-you-need-know-read-first.html

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi KeeDa,
Bundle of thanks for replying to my post.
What if I go on student visa by enrolling into some course. I am planning to take admission from Sydney. On 476 visa I dont have to go offshore for applying for student visa. In the mean time I will get reply of my experience+skill assessment from EU and lodge application.

What do you suggest?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I am not sure, but what if the student visa comes with 'no further stay' condition? It would mean you cannot apply for the PR while onshore on the student visa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts