Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am an Indian, residing in India. I last visited UK in 2007 but overall in the past 10 years I have stayed there for more than 12 months. Not sure if I should apply for a UK PCC right now. This is what the DIAC "Character requirements" rule states:

"For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, you may be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more over the last ten (10) years since turning 16."

Given the above, will they mandatorily ask for the UK PCC? If there is a good chance of them asking, then I better make a PCC request right away.

Any advice? Also, how long is the UK PCC taking these days?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yes, you have to get UK PCC.

I lived in the UK from 2007 till 2011 and I'll be applying for the UK PCC when the time comes.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
I did not understand, total stay was a year at one go or split in various visits? you have to live in the country for over 12 months continuously, if you go for a month on a project and come back and then go again after a few months for a month, that wont be counted as staying for a year.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I did not understand, total stay was a year at one go or split in various visits? you have to live in the country for over 12 months continuously, if you go for a month on a project and come back and then go again after a few months for a month, that wont be counted as staying for a year.
Yes got it! I lived in the UK continuously for 4 years. That is why, I have to get the UK PCC.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Is it? I was under the impression that if the stay in a particular country is more than 12 months either cumulatively or continuously requires a PCC for that country.

The form 80 has a section where we have to mention this. It is written there that we have to declare all stays more than 12 months either cumulatively or continuously.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
In that case I am not sure how it works, I know a lot of people who go on vacation for a month or two months to US or UK every year, that does not mean they have to get US PCC because in 10 months the cumulative stay was over 12 months if they apply for AU PR.

Let someone comment on it. My apologies if i made it worrse for teh already confused people

·
Registered
353 Posts
In that case I am not sure how it works, I know a lot of people who go on vacation for a month or two months to US or UK every year, that does not mean they have to get US PCC because in 10 months the cumulative stay was over 12 months if they apply for AU PR.

Let someone comment on it. My apologies if i made it worrse for teh already confused people
A person can commit a crime when on a vacation :)

Having said that, one can stay in a country for a few months (less that 12), commit some crimes and get a Oz PR because they didn't require a PCC for that country!

Debatable issue! :)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yeah debatable issue but it is better to clarify from the CO as and when you are asked for PCC

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi anj1976,
The rules clearly require PCC if stay is over 12 months CUMULATIVELY over 10 years. So I have to. But then they also mention that DIAC may ask you for PCC if above is true. So I am not sure if I am really required to. I think I better simply get it done and upload it.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi anj1976,
The rules clearly require PCC if stay is over 12 months CUMULATIVELY over 10 years. So I have to. But then they also mention that DIAC may ask you for PCC if above is true. So I am not sure if I am really required to. I think I better simply get it done and upload it.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum
Yeah you can get it done and front upload it.

But keep in mind that the first entry date is decided on the date of the PCC and Medicals whichever is earlier. I don't think it would be a problem in your case but worth a mention I thought.

·
Registered
346 Posts
atsurti said:
A person can commit a crime when on a vacation :)

Having said that, one can stay in a country for a few months (less that 12), commit some crimes and get a Oz PR because they didn't require a PCC for that country!

Debatable issue! :)
Not really. That's when the external checks come in ASIO and "friends" check all international databases. So it will surface undoubtedly. Even a number of new Zealand citizens were refused entry because they didn't declare "pity crimes". And you know the rules are the most relaxed for NZlanders

·
Registered
16 Posts
UK PCC before or after demand

Hi All,

I have this query on timing of PCC. I have lived in UK for an year in 2011-2012.I understand that Indian PCC will only take one day. I am worried about loosing days in getting UK PCC while applying for Visa. Can I do it along with my ACS and be ready with everything even before CO asks for it? Is there a point I missing where a lot of memebers only apply for PCC once CO asks for it.

Regards,
Samir

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.