Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an American living in France for about 10 months under my second Visa de long sejour with my French fiancé all of that time and have just been married 4 days ago in Paris.

Since entering the country on my second long stay visa in September, I've sent in the required form to the OFII office and have not yet received my appointment details for the interview and medical examination.

Does anyone know if I need to wait for this appointment in order to change my status and eventually be able to work legally in France? Or can I go straight to the Préfecture with my Acte de Marriage in hand. I was told it would be easier to change my status from within France rather than apply for the spousal visa in the States, but since June the information about how to do that exactly is extremely vague.

Does anyone have any insight??

·
Administrator
50,415 Posts
It's going to be a little rocky, since the "new rules" only went into effect a few months ago. But given that you entered France in September, I'd assume that the new rules apply to you and that you probably need to wait to hear from the OFII. You might try contacting them, just to see if you're in the queue.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.