Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to posting in the forum but have been reading since April while I prepared to get my applications under way.

I submitted my Skilled Migrant residency application in October and my case worker emailed to say she'd be getting my application the following week. I heard nothing until this morning when I had an automated email to tell me my status had changed. Upon logging in, I was a little shocked to see my status had changed to 'APPROVED'.

While this seems wonderful... I've not had an interview or a request for an interview yet. I'm already in NZ on a 12 work visa and submitted my residency application just before I left so it could tick over in the background. Anyone had this situation? Can I expect a request for interview sometime soon?

Thanks

Ben

Ben

120 points with job offer
EOI submission: 30 Jul 13
EOI selected: 7 Aug 13
ITA received: 10 Sep 13
ITA lodged: 8 Oct 13

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That should say - already in NZ on a 12 month temp work visa.

Thanks

Ben

EOI submitted: 30 Jul 13
SMC application lodged: 8 Oct 13

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems I've answered my own question - another website (immigration.co.nz/do-i-qualify/nz-immigration-policy/criteria-process/)mentions that if you've got a job offer then they don't need to do the interview and just grant approval (obviously, if the required criteria are met).

Does this sound right? I do hope so, because until I hear from my CO I'm not going to count my chickens. The anticipation is almost too much!

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
69 Posts
It seems I've answered my own question - another website (immigration.co.nz/do-i-qualify/nz-immigration-policy/criteria-process/)mentions that if you've got a job offer then they don't need to do the interview and just grant approval (obviously, if the required criteria are met).

Does this sound right? I do hope so, because until I hear from my CO I'm not going to count my chickens. The anticipation is almost too much!

Thanks

Ben

Congratulations! :) If its approved online then its all done. Kudos mate !! Did you get your passport back after stamping?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My passport is here with me in Auckland (I didn't submit it as I needed it to travel), so I'm expecting an email to tell me where to get my passport stamped and how to pay the migrant levy.

I'm nervously excited but not going to celebrate until I have the stamp in my passport! :fingerscrossed:

Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts