Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

What is the criteria used by states for approving state nominations?

I know few states have currently halted grant of state nominations for certain skill codes however whenever it gets opened again, what is the main criteria for grant of state sponsorship?

Does total points make any difference? Also whether the state sponsorship is also awarded on FCFS basis(meaning those who applied earlier stand better chance)?

I know we need to submit our detailed resume for state nomination. Is there any other documentation needed for state nomination besides resume (in addition to what is required for 189 Visa)?

Does only primary applicant need to submit resume or even the partner needs to submit the resume for state sponsorship if we want to claim partner points (5) in our EOI?

In case we have applied for 189 Visa already and we get sponsored by any state (say NSW or VIC), do we need to file another EOI for 190 Visa or can we modify the same 189 EOI application as well?

·
Registered
23,849 Posts
Dear All

What is the criteria used by states for approving state nominations?

I know few states have currently halted grant of state nominations for certain skill codes however whenever it gets opened again, what is the main criteria for grant of state sponsorship?

Does total points make any difference? Also whether the state sponsorship is also awarded on FCFS basis(meaning those who applied earlier stand better chance)?

I know we need to submit our detailed resume for state nomination. Is there any other documentation needed for state nomination besides resume (in addition to what is required for 189 Visa)?

Does only primary applicant need to submit resume or even the partner needs to submit the resume for state sponsorship if we want to claim partner points (5) in our EOI?

In case we have applied for 189 Visa already and we get sponsored by any state (say NSW or VIC), do we need to file another EOI for 190 Visa or can we modify the same 189 EOI application as well?
Each states have their own websites, where you can make the applications.
The criteria for nomination and documents will be given there as it will differ from state to state and maybe even job to job

Only NSW does not have its own website and pick up applicants from Skillselect EOI

If you are sponsored by thye state, you dont need the 5 partner points.
However, in your CV if you give details of your spouse and he/she can also get a job easily will certainly enhance your chance of sponsorship

If you get an invite, then it will have a link which will take you to the Immiaccount wherein you can lodge your application
Once you get an invite, i am sure the members will help you out in the next step

Cheers

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks. Your inputs have been really helpful.

How do we know how many applications for a specific skill were sponsored by any state (say NSW or VIC)? I read in other thread where you have mentioned that VIC sponsored very few Software Testers. My question is where can we get to see the number of nominations for the skill codes by various states?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are sponsored by the state, you dont need the 5 partner points.
I did not understand why we don't need 5 partner points in case we are sponsored by the state? We still want to maximise our points for early invite so total points will make the difference even in 190 visa? Please correct if my understanding is wrong.

However, in your CV if you give details of your spouse and he/she can also get a job easily will certainly enhance your chance of sponsorship
Are you referring to the resume that I need to submit for state sponsorship? In my resume, should I mention about my wife qualification, experience and job prospects? Can we attach her resume as well as secondary applicant?

·
Registered
23,849 Posts
Thanks. Your inputs have been really helpful.

How do we know how many applications for a specific skill were sponsored by any state (say NSW or VIC)? I read in other thread where you has mentioned that VIC sponsored very few Software Testers. My question is where can we get to see the number of nominations for the skill codes by various states?
I have no idea on how to check specifically which Anzsco code has been sponsored by which state

There is thread on the forum on software tester, where the members have written their experience which show that there is no chance of sponsorship in this category

Cheers

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea on how to check specifically which Anzsco code has been sponsored by which state
Okay. So we can not be sure whether our skill code would be sponsored by the state or not. Could you please also answer the queries in the post above?

·
Registered
23,849 Posts
I did not understand why we don't need 5 partner points in case we are sponsored by the state? We still want to maximise our points for early invite so total points will make the difference even in 190 visa? Please correct if my understanding is wrong.

Are you referring to the resume that I need to submit for state sponsorship? In my resume, should I mention about my wife qualification, experience and job prospects? Can we attach her resume as well as secondary applicant?
What I meant was that Once you get your invite, points have no significance
You will not have to participate in the DIBP invitations rounds as is the case under 189 where the points matter
When invited, You will be given a link which will take you directly to the DIBP website and allow you to submit you PR application

You just have to prove to DIBP that the claims you made to get the points are true

You are correct that if you apply for state sponsorship with higher points, you have a better chance , but higher points does not necessarily translate into sponsorship as the states take a holistic view of your points, education, and the shortage of your job skills in the state before sponsoring you

I was referring to the same CV
Whether you can attach the secondary cv or not, I have no idea as I have personally not submitted any application for sponsorship

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts