Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 4107 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone in this forum had applied for State Sponsorship with Northern Territory?

Please share the experience.

Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone in this forum had applied for State Sponsorship with Northern Territory?

Please share the experience.

Thanks.
Yes i applied on october last year (paperbased) and got approval on June 2011.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i applied on october last year (paperbased) and got approval on June 2011.
ohh....they take close to 8 months to process? That seems too much of a waiting time...

You are based out of Darwin now? Can you pl. tell me the scope of IT market out there in NT based companies?

Regards,
Mani

·
Registered
85 Posts
yes the standard process takes 30 weeks. I would say NT is not good for IT professionals like Syd/Mel, however its un-employment rate is lowest in Aus.

·
Registered
84 Posts
South Australia State Sponsorship

Anyone applied for SS for SA since it reopened last month and received a response yet?

I'm on a race against the clock to hopefully get a positive response so I can lodge my onshore visa...:eek:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have applied and waiting with fingers crossed...and hoping for the best :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I applied couple of weeks back..still no change of status..if i see the list it says the "High availability" in my profession ..by seeing that i assumed i will get in a week but it doesnt look like so

I have applied and waiting with fingers crossed...and hoping for the best :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I applied couple of weeks back..still no change of status..if i see the list it says the "High availability" in my profession ..by seeing that i assumed i will get in a week but it doesnt look like so
They might take up to 8 weeks to finalise the decision. My occupation is now having "Medium Availability" so waiting....:confused:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I applied in July 19 and got my Approval on 8th August, what I know is that applications for August have slowed down, we got ours in a record of 22days after being received at SA. That was the average for August applicatns gues there were no much applications by then hence the fast processing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I applied in July 19 and got my Approval on 8th August, what I know is that applications for August have slowed down, we got ours in a record of 22days after being received at SA. That was the average for August applicatns gues there were no much applications by then hence the fast processing.
Thats Gr8...Good luck for your visa and keep us posted...:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anyone applied for SS for SA since it reopened last month and received a response yet?

I'm on a race against the clock to hopefully get a positive response so I can lodge my onshore visa...:eek:
Hi ya,

There seemed to be very fast processing during July (2-3 weeks) :)but August has slowed down :( (mention of competing forum removed by moderator).

IrishStew

·
Registered
30 Posts
Already some ICT occupations moved to "medium" from "high availability" in SA SMP list. So i guess their quota also is getting filled.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi I got my CO a few hours ago, asked for form 80 and already filled in the details and submitted. Hope for response soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi Arntoh, I'm about to submit my application for SA SS. I have some concern with financial capacity requirement. Did SA request you to submit proof of funds? Also, when sponsorship is granted, do SA or DIAC check your bank account from time to time if you still have the required amount?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Arntoh, I'm about to submit my application for SA SS. I have some concern with financial capacity requirement. Did SA request you to submit proof of funds? Also, when sponsorship is granted, do SA or DIAC check your bank account from time to time if you still have the required amount?

No proof of funds submitted on my experience. :boxing:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for your reply! But you do have 25,000 AUD in your account, right?
Nope... You don't need to show anything during application :D But, You just need to make sure that you can provide that number when you've migrate.... IMHO :boxing:

·
Registered
23 Posts
chelbie1124 said:
Hey,

Just a tiny help...
On what pointers should we frame the statement of commitment?
That' the only thing which remains to be completed for me to submit the SA's SS application.
Please help.!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey,

Just a tiny help...
On what pointers should we frame the statement of commitment?
That' the only thing which remains to be completed for me to submit the SA's SS application.
Please help.!!
Hi newbie, sorry for not being activ on this forum, did u submit your SA SS??

1 - 20 of 4107 Posts