Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We haven't been able to find a place to live in Spain since arriving - agents and locals keep telling us this is the worst time to find a rental property.

As a result, I haven't been able to get a padron certificate and then apply to local school for my son. We went to the local school but they sent us back to the ayuntamiento to apply formally.

What is the chances of getting him into local Spanish state school for September start? My concerns are as follows:
* the application procedure is closed
* when we do get to applying, there are no spaces

Any help based on your experience with this matter would be great. Thanks

:fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
19,394 Posts
Hi,

We haven't been able to find a place to live in Spain since arriving - agents and locals keep telling us this is the worst time to find a rental property.

As a result, I haven't been able to get a padron certificate and then apply to local school for my son. We went to the local school but they sent us back to the ayuntamiento to apply formally.

What is the chances of getting him into local Spanish state school for September start? My concerns are as follows:
* the application procedure is closed
* when we do get to applying, there are no spaces

Any help based on your experience with this matter would be great. Thanks

:fingerscrossed:
He will be given a place. It might not be the school that you want, but he will be given a place.
School offices are open all through July even though there aren't classes. I'm not sure if you would be able to actually apply for a place then, but the offices will be open. If not it will be September. Again the offices will be open from the first week (not necessarily the first day) even though there aren't classes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts