Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Would like to know if anyone could help me with a ballpark time frame on how long should one expect to wait for a application to be picked up by the State (Sub class 190). - State chosen - WA.

I have lodged my EOI on September 26th, 2013 and have not yet heard from the DIBP / WA immigration w.r.t my state nomination till date( Approx 40 days have passed).

My Occupation is on the highly available list (HR Advisor). I have a IELTS overall band score of 7, and posses 60 points.

Would like to undersand if there is a general delay w.r.t state nomination.

Any help in this regard would be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Neville Smith

·
Registered
24 Posts
generally for a state sponsorship the turn around time is 4-6 weeks. although for EOI, preference is given to candidates with a higher skill points.
also keep an eye out for the invitation quota of your occupation in your state for the given calendar year.

hope that helps and good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Neville,

We lodged our EOI last October 20 with 60 points. We were invited to apply for state sponsorship on the 23rd, then we filled out online form/test and paid the next day. We are waiting now for the result of our application which should take 30 days, although I've been looking at the time lines of others and seems as if the average turn around is 14 days.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks Ahmed

generally for a state sponsorship the turn around time is 4-6 weeks. although for EOI, preference is given to candidates with a higher skill points.
also keep an eye out for the invitation quota of your occupation in your state for the given calendar year.

hope that helps and good luck

HI Ahmed,

Thanks, seems like you're right, it's been just about 5 weeks now and i also got to understand that WA is now picking up applicants with 60points

As far as the quota goes, the old and new list, reflect HRA as a Highly in Demand skill for WA.

Thanks Once again
Neville Smith

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WA - State Nomination

Hi Neville,

We lodged our EOI last October 20 with 60 points. We were invited to apply for state sponsorship on the 23rd, then we filled out online form/test and paid the next day. We are waiting now for the result of our application which should take 30 days, although I've been looking at the time lines of others and seems as if the average turn around is 14 days.

Hi Marrakesh,

Did you mean This Oct 2013 or was it Oct 2012. As you've mentioned, "We are NOW waiting, which i assume is as of today.

Please correct me if i understood you wrong.

Thanks Regards
Neville Smith

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi,

Would like to know if anyone could help me with a ballpark time frame on how long should one expect to wait for a application to be picked up by the State (Sub class 190). - State chosen - WA.

I have lodged my EOI on September 26th, 2013 and have not yet heard from the DIBP / WA immigration w.r.t my state nomination till date( Approx 40 days have passed).

My Occupation is on the highly available list (HR Advisor). I have a IELTS overall band score of 7, and posses 60 points.

Would like to undersand if there is a general delay w.r.t state nomination.

Any help in this regard would be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Neville Smith
Dear Neville Smith,
I am afraid that HR Adviser is on schedule 2 on the Western Australia SS beginning with the end of October, when they have changed their criteria for nomination. This means you will need an offer of employment to get the SS.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Marrakesh,

Did you mean This Oct 2013 or was it Oct 2012. As you've mentioned, "We are NOW waiting, which i assume is as of today.

Please correct me if i understood you wrong.

Thanks Regards
Neville Smith
Hi! We received our invitation to apply last October 20, 2013 and paid the application last October 25, 2013.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Marrakesh,

Is your occupation HR Adviser too.

Thanks

Neville

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WA - State Nomination

Dear Neville Smith,
I am afraid that HR Adviser is on schedule 2 on the Western Australia SS beginning with the end of October, when they have changed their criteria for nomination. This means you will need an offer of employment to get the SS.

Hi Jullz,

Thanks, for the update. Sad to know the change is affecting me.

Does this mean, that until an employer makes me an offer, i will not be granted a state nomination.

Coz, i was under the impression, that the date of the application is considered, when ever a new norm / change is made. My application was made in July 2013, and EOI launched on 26th September 2013( Which is before the change). Above all the new list by WA also showed HR Adviser as a high in demand skill.

Do i have other options. Any help in this regard would be great mate.

Thanks
Neville.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi Jullz,

Thanks, for the update. Sad to know the change is affecting me.

Does this mean, that until an employer makes me an offer, i will not be granted a state nomination.

Coz, i was under the impression, that the date of the application is considered, when ever a new norm / change is made. My application was made in July 2013, and EOI launched on 26th September 2013( Which is before the change). Above all the new list by WA also showed HR Adviser as a high in demand skill.

Thanks
Neville.
Dear Neville,
Did you received the invitation to apply for state sponsorhip?
I couldn't tell if the new list don't affect those who already submited their EOI or those who received the WA invite before the new lists.
Please take a look on this thread, i'm sure the answer is there!
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ustralia/154445-wa-state-sponsorship-174.html
Fingers crossed for you!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi Jullz,

Thanks
Neville.
Besides Western Australia, where 223111 is on schedule 2, South Australia, where is off list (Special Conditions Apply), as far as I know, only ACT and NT seem to have availability for this position.

http://www.canberrayourfuture.com.au/workspace/uploads/documents/act-occupation-list-2013-14_sep.pdf

http://www.migration.nt.gov.au/visa/sol.html

Let's hope you are not affected by the new list!

All the best!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WA - State Nomination

Hi Jullz,

Thanks for the additional info.

My understanding is that Schedule 2( is for applicants Offshore) and Schedule 2(Off list - are for applicants Onshore).

Could you help throw more light on the same.

Also, would you be able to help me Job opportunities available in ACT and NT.

Appreciate all the help here.

Thanks Mate
Neville Smith

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi Jullz,

Thanks for the additional info.

My understanding is that Schedule 2( is for applicants Offshore) and Schedule 2(Off list - are for applicants Onshore).

Could you help throw more light on the same.

Also, would you be able to help me Job opportunities available in ACT and NT.

Appreciate all the help here.

Thanks Mate
Neville Smith
Dear Neville,

Offer of employment

If you are invited to make an application for State nomination from Western Australia you may require an offer of employment. This is a requirement for those who have studied in Australia and are a recent graduate, or live in an Australian state other than Western Australia. This is also a requirement for applicants with an occupation on the Western Australian skilled migration occupation list schedule 2 (off list).

The offer of employment must meet all of the following conditions:

be in your nominated, or closely related occupation;
be based in Western Australia, for visa subclass 489 this must be in an area outside of Perth and surrounding areas;
be for at least one year; and
be full time (a minimum of 37.5 hours a week).

If you are currently employed in Western Australia, in your nominated or closely related occupation, you must provide evidence that this employment will continue for a further 12 months.

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/HowtoapplyforStateSponsorship.aspx

·
Registered
301 Posts
Dear Neville,

Offer of employment

If you are invited to make an application for State nomination from Western Australia you may require an offer of employment. This is a requirement for those who have studied in Australia and are a recent graduate, or live in an Australian state other than Western Australia. This is also a requirement for applicants with an occupation on the Western Australian skilled migration occupation list schedule 2 (off list).

The offer of employment must meet all of the following conditions:

be in your nominated, or closely related occupation;
be based in Western Australia, for visa subclass 489 this must be in an area outside of Perth and surrounding areas;
be for at least one year; and
be full time (a minimum of 37.5 hours a week).

If you are currently employed in Western Australia, in your nominated or closely related occupation, you must provide evidence that this employment will continue for a further 12 months.

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/HowtoapplyforStateSponsorship.aspx
You should also check this thread: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ct-canberra-state-sponsorship-applicants.html
and this http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...itory-state-sponsorship-current-timeline.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Marrakesh,

Is your occupation HR Adviser too.

Thanks

Neville
Hi Neville, I'm an architect bu applied for Architectural Draftsperson. My occupation is no longer on the WASOL but I received an invitation to apply for SS before the new WASOL was released last October 28. And from what I've said earlier I was able to lodge and pay for my application before this date and thus our application is now being processed. Hopefully we will receive the contract in 1 week or 2. Their website says that applications posted before the release of the new WASOL will still be considered. Were you able to lodge your application prior to October 28?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Jullz,

I did get this information on the Web. My doubt here is whether schedule 2(off list) is different from schedule 2.

Thanks
Neville

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks Jullz,

I did get this information on the Web. My doubt here is whether schedule 2(off list) is different from schedule 2.

Thanks
Neville
I don't get it... there is only one schedule 2...
Why are you saying there are 2?
Schedule 2 means some additional requirements were introduced. Like offer of employment.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Neville, I'm an architect bu applied for Architectural Draftsperson. My occupation is no longer on the WASOL but I received an invitation to apply for SS before the new WASOL was released last October 28. And from what I've said earlier I was able to lodge and pay for my application before this date and thus our application is now being processed. Hopefully we will receive the contract in 1 week or 2. Their website says that applications posted before the release of the new WASOL will still be considered. Were you able to lodge your application prior to October 28?
Hi Marrakesh,

Thanks, and happy for you.

Yes, I did apply well before the new list. Hope and Pray to receive our SS soon.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't get it... there is only one schedule 2...
Why are you saying there are 2?
Hi Jullz,

That's my confusion. I have my agent telling me than the off list refers to those onshore and that my occupation with schedule 2 refers to those offshore.

Neville

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi Jullz,

That's my confusion. I have my agent telling me than the off list refers to those onshore and that my occupation with schedule 2 refers to those offshore.

Neville
That's strange. Maybe I know wrong :|
But on their website it states clearly that to be eligible for nomination candidates must Have a nominated occupation on the Western Australian skilled migration occupation list schedule 1 or 2.
Maybe seniors can help!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts