Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

My assessment was cleared and ACS placed me in MODL 2231-79(CISSP & Network Security). But unfortunately I couldn’t apply for Visa earlier. Now after 08th Feb, 2010 I‘ll not be able to get advantage of additional “10” points that comes under MODL.
Now what are the possible ways I can apply for Australian immigration as my points reduced to 115 after revocation of MODL's additional points?

Please also tell me if i choose state immigraiton what are the draw backs and in which state my profession/qulification (i.e. CISSP & Network Security 2231-79) is more demanding with better salary etc.

Looking forward for your kind suggestions.

Regards,

Arshad

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Arshad, as I said, SS is the answer or if you can manage taking ielts again and get 7+ in each module, you can get those 10 points that MODL took away.
Have a look at the sticky threads, all sites are in the helpful sites thread.. search the forum and the pros and cns for ss have been discussed at length. Also, state migration is not out yet, it is a new field they have taken out, probably in June it will be clear. But for now u can apply for state sponsorship (not migration). everything is the same for 176 (state sponsored skilled independent) as 175 except for your commitment to live in the sponsoring state for 2 years. after which u r free to move wherever you want to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts