Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Standard CDR vs CDR+Relevant skilled employment skill

Hi all,

I have some questions on applying CDR to Engineers Australia.

With my work experience of 9 years, i am preparing my 3 career episodes with employment.

I intend to claim point for my work experience too.

1)In that case do i need apply for Standard CDR or CDR+relevant skilled employment assessment.
2)what is the difference between both?
3) Any additional details required if we chose CDR+RSEA

Please give your comments and thanks in advance

·
Registered
182 Posts
To claim points for workexp, you need to select Skilled Employment Assessment too.

I committed the same mistake, I did not select that option and now my MSA certificate only my education mentioned. Make sure you do collect all documents to prove what you did in your companies however, proper Statement of Duties is required. Something that I am not able to get from my current company and hence, I am in limbo.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
To claim points for workexp, you need to select Skilled Employment Assessment too.

I committed the same mistake, I did not select that option and now my MSA certificate only my education mentioned. Make sure you do collect all documents to prove what you did in your companies however, proper Statement of Duties is required. Something that I am not able to get from my current company and hence, I am in limbo.

Did you lodge your visa application? Have your application been rejected by CO @ DIBP stage ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Did you lodge your visa application? Have your application been rejected by CO @ DIBP stage ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I have not yet lodged the visa application. I am getting 65 points without the work exp too- 30+15+20. I am applying as a Telecom Network Engineer. I wonder if I should go for Secondary Skill Assessment for my work experience, if I am anyways getting 65 points. What do you suggest?
I have reference letter is proper format from my previous companies which would be 4y10m. So maybe I can at least claim 5 points for that by going for Employment Assessment with EA??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I have not yet lodged the visa application. I am getting 65 points without the work exp too- 30+15+20. I am applying as a Telecom Network Engineer. I wonder if I should go for Secondary Skill Assessment for my work experience, if I am anyways getting 65 points. What do you suggest?
I have reference letter is proper format from my previous companies which would be 4y10m. So maybe I can at least claim 5 points for that by going for Employment Assessment with EA??

Is that again required for EA to asses for work experience? What if claim points for work exp directly to DICP with available dics?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Is that again required for EA to asses for work experience? What if claim points for work exp directly to DICP with available dics?

I don't think it works that way. But I am not sure honestly.

·
Registered
182 Posts

Found this on the border.gov.au site -

Skilled employment

Your employment must have been in your nominated skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation.

You can only claim skilled employment if:

in the 10 years before you are invited to apply you completed at least 20 hours of paid work per week (this may be adjusted for shift or fly-in-fly-out workers) in your nominated occupation and/or a closely related occupation. Closely-related occupations must be:
in the same ANZSCO Unit Group or
consistent with a career advancement pathway or
determined by an assessing authority that it is closely related to your nominated occupation.
either the authority undertaking your skills assessment states in the assessment that your employment is skilled (in your EOI, use the date stated in your assessment as your employment commencement date) or
your employment experience meets the standards for skilled employment set by your assessing authority on their website.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Found this on the border.gov.au site -

Skilled employment

Your employment must have been in your nominated skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation.

You can only claim skilled employment if:

in the 10 years before you are invited to apply you completed at least 20 hours of paid work per week (this may be adjusted for shift or fly-in-fly-out workers) in your nominated occupation and/or a closely related occupation. Closely-related occupations must be:
in the same ANZSCO Unit Group or
consistent with a career advancement pathway or
determined by an assessing authority that it is closely related to your nominated occupation.
either the authority undertaking your skills assessment states in the assessment that your employment is skilled (in your EOI, use the date stated in your assessment as your employment commencement date) or
your employment experience meets the standards for skilled employment set by your assessing authority on their website.
Where is the link ? Would you share it?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ok , I saw it

You have to choose from one of the two following options ;

1- the authority undertaking your skills assessment states in the assessment that your employment is skilled (in your EOI, use the date stated in your assessment as your employment commencement date).

OR

2- your employment experience meets the standards for skilled employment set by your assessing authority on their website.

If the standards of your assessing authority are not on their website, you must meet the minimum skill level set by the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO).

And eventually is up to CO decision , because nobody knows what they are thinking !!

But take in your consideration , RSE is optional route from EA , and it is not mandatory

·
Registered
191 Posts
you have two routes of assessment @ EA (ENGINEERS AUSTRALIA)

1- MSA = Migration Skilled Assessment.

2- RSE = Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment (this option with extra fees from MSA and it is optional BUT more secure).

·
Registered
182 Posts
you have two routes of assessment @ EA (ENGINEERS AUSTRALIA)

1- MSA = Migration Skilled Assessment.

2- RSE = Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment (this option with extra fees from MSA and it is optional BUT more secure).
Yup. For me though, I am not sure how to prove full 5 year's work experience. My current employer though one of the biggest in India, will not provide me any work experience certificate.
Less than 5 years work exp though should not be a problem for me to show, out of a total 6+.

·
Registered
191 Posts

It is written clearly from EA Booklet ;

Engineers Australia does NOT award the points for
migration. Points are issued by the Department
of Immigration and Border Protection in relation
to your application for skilled migration NOT by
Engineers Australia as part of your migration skills
assessment.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It is written clearly from EA Booklet ;

Engineers Australia does NOT award the points for
migration. Points are issued by the Department
of Immigration and Border Protection in relation
to your application for skilled migration NOT by
Engineers Australia as part of your migration skills
assessment.
Correct. But for the department to give the points they would always prefer having something verified by the agency (here EA) to validate the same for them. But as you posted, it is of course not mandatory. Do you think 65 points can do the trick?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Correct. But for the department to give the points they would always prefer having something verified by the agency (here EA) to validate the same for them. But as you posted, it is of course not mandatory. Do you think 65 points can do the trick?

It is written clear from EA booklet :

The additional assessment services are generally ONLY
of interest to the following clients
:
• Applicants that need a skills assessment completed
urgently and/or;
• Applicants who hold an overseas PhD and/or;
• Applicants who have received work experience in
their nominated occupation or a closely related
occupation.
Applicants can apply for one or all of the above services
as required.

4. Relevant Skilled Employment
Engineers Australia has been authorised by the
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
to provide an opinion about an applicant’s skilled
employment claims as part of the skills assessment.
However, the decision to award points for skilled
employment remains with the Department of
Immigration and Border Protection case officer, who
may also need to review claims of relevant employment
gained subsequent to the formal assessment.

·
Registered
191 Posts
@ Maka123, you can think about this option from BORDER.GOV.AU

2- your employment experience meets the standards for skilled employment set by your assessing authority on their website.

If the standards of your assessing authority are not on their website, you must meet the minimum skill level set by the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO).

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you need to be @ the safe side ,

GO with RSE , BUT you need to gather allllllllllllll the required documents and proofs and bank statements , letters (ANY DOCUMENT YOU CAN COLLECT IT FOR EACH COMPANY YOU HAD WORKED WITH THEM )

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you need to be @ the safe side ,

GO with RSE , BUT you need to gather allllllllllllll the required documents and proofs and bank statements , letters (ANY DOCUMENT YOU CAN COLLECT IT FOR EACH COMPANY YOU HAVE BEEN WORKED WITH THEM )
Yup. I have all the salary slips and Provident Fund statement, offer letter et al.

How much you think EA will take in giving me this RSE only? Problem is that I don't have a statement of duty from this company. And if these EA guys even come in again and ask for a verification of my employment here, my company may not reply at all, no hope of anything here. Very unfortunate for me here.

Even if EA gives me work exp for my last 2 companies -4y and 10m, I may be able to get 5 points and will be a happy man I guess.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yup. I have all the salary slips and Provident Fund statement, offer letter et al.

How much you think EA will take in giving me this RSE only? Problem is that I don't have a statement of duty from this company. And if these EA guys even come in again and ask for a verification of my employment here, my company may not reply at all, no hope of anything here. Very unfortunate for me here.

Even if EA gives me work exp for my last 2 companies -4y and 10m, I may be able to get 5 points and will be a happy man I guess.

You can go with Fast Track Service from EA I think it takes 21 working days (But I am not Sure) , however if your total points will be 65 or more , you will be at the safe side

My opinion , wait until Occupations Ceilings will be updated on the website

·
Registered
182 Posts
You can go with Fast Track Service from EA I think it takes 21 working days (But I am not Sure) , however if your total points will be 65 or more , you will be at the safe side

My opinion , wait until Occupations Ceilings will be updated on the website
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts