Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am currently talking with my employer about the potential sponsorship for the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) visa and have to questions that maybe someone could address:

1) How does it work with Standard Business Sponsor? Does every company who is willing to sponsor for visa 186 have to become SBS or this is only if they intend to sponsor more people and wants to have this process simplified for each following nomination?

In case if my company wants to sponsor only me for visa 186 and do not intend to sponsor anyone else in the nearest future do they have to become SBS?

2) Question related to the previous one - what are 186 visa sponsor obligations/responsibility for both primary and secondary applicants? For example, I have heard that they need to cover all costs associated wth unlawful resident deportation etc. (applies only to Standard Business Sponsors?)?

Could someone provide me with some links/rulings for these if this is a case for visa 186?

I really appreciate everyone's help! :)

Regards,
Maciek

·
Registered
22,437 Posts
Hi all,

I am currently talking with my employer about the potential sponsorship for the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) visa and have to questions that maybe someone could address:

1) How does it work with Standard Business Sponsor? Does every company who is willing to sponsor for visa 186 have to become SBS or this is only if they intend to sponsor more people and wants to have this process simplified for each following nomination?

In case if my company wants to sponsor only me for visa 186 and do not intend to sponsor anyone else in the nearest future do they have to become SBS?

2) Question related to the previous one - what are 186 visa sponsor obligations/responsibility for both primary and secondary applicants? For example, I have heard that they need to cover all costs associated wth unlawful resident deportation etc. (applies only to Standard Business Sponsors?)?

Could someone provide me with some links/rulings for these if this is a case for visa 186?

I really appreciate everyone's help! :)

Regards,
Maciek
Here you go

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis...on-scheme-186/direct-entry-stream#Eligibility

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks NB! I am already familiar with this website and cannot find a definite answer to my questions there...

Nothing is mentioned there about the Standard Business Sponsor nor about the Sponsor's obligations and requirements AFTER nomination is submitted.

·
Super Moderator
5,683 Posts
Thanks NB! I am already familiar with this website and cannot find a definite answer to my questions there...

Nothing is mentioned there about the Standard Business Sponsor nor about the Sponsor's obligations and requirements AFTER nomination is submitted.
Standard Business Sponsorships are only used for 482 (TSS) visas. They don't apply in your case.

Use the little sliding button on the right side of the page on NB's link to see the requirements for the employer (select "For Sponsors"), then using the four buttons under the slider.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts