Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People,

I want to know that if my points are 65 without SS then one should go for SS or not?

If yes, which state is best for IT people?

If no, why not? pro's? con's?

Thanks.

·
Registered
630 Posts
People,

I want to know that if my points are 65 without SS then one should go for SS or not?

If yes, which state is best for IT people?

If no, why not? pro's? con's?

Thanks.
Victoria State and NSW are both the best for ICT and currently undergoing an ICT boom, thanks to nearby growing Asian economies such as china, singapore,india, etc.

At this stage you are a little bit late for state sponorship because of the July 2012 changes. Keep in mind victoria & nsw take 3 months to process in most cases plus they have an extremely high rejection rate, only the lucky few get through. So i would suggest you go ahead with 175 and hurry up. .
But of course the decision is up to you, if you are willing to take the risk you can try for state sponsorship.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, what about skill select? should I wait for it or not?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Ok, what about skill select? should I wait for it or not?
Don't, skillselect will be the end of mass skilled immigration to australia. It will be very restrictive and selective. Similar to what happened in Canada and many other countries.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, Victoria SS takes months and by that time july will come. So skill select will be in effect by that time :( what should I do to get SS and avoid skillselect? please advise.

·
Registered
146 Posts
ok, Victoria SS takes months and by that time july will come. So skill select will be in effect by that time :( what should I do to get SS and avoid skillselect? please advise.
Apply for SS as soon as possible [NSW takes lesser time btw I got SS form victoria and NSW both with difference of a month. NSW took 3 weeks in my case in november 2011]..
After that make a deadline for yourself. like if by 30th April if you dont get SS from any state you will apply for 175 if you get SS you will go with 176. there is no difference in documentation as such, so it will be all cool..
That's what I would have done if I was in your position..

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bukhari for the reply.

NSW charges for SS around 300 AUS $? Is this correct?

Can you share ur instant msging contact here please. Since we both are from same location :)

Thanks again...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vic is better or SA for IT? and which is easy n fast?

please reply...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Vic is better or SA for IT? and which is easy n fast?

please reply...
just private msged you my skype id and number.. feel free to be in touch..
Vic is of course better.. for IT guys SA is going to be not very feasible..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.