Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the proof of spouse's functional English while applying for PR.
I am not claiming partner points and my spouse is a graduate but has not written any IELTS/TOEFL etc.

Is it necessary for her to write one of these exams and score qualifying marks? Someone mentioned that if we are not claiming spouse's points then a proof of graduation completed in English medium like a letter from college should suffice. However I was not able to find such details in IMMI site.

Could someone confirm this please?

Thanks and Best Regards.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a question about the proof of spouse's functional English while applying for PR. I am not claiming partner points and my spouse is a graduate but has not written any IELTS/TOEFL etc. Is it necessary for her to write one of these exams and score qualifying marks? Someone mentioned that if we are not claiming spouse's points then a proof of graduation completed in English medium like a letter from college should suffice. However I was not able to find such details in IMMI site. Could someone confirm this please? Thanks and Best Regards.
See this thread for details about proof of functional English.
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/sh.../forumsite/20560/topics/490569?postid=5518761

Immi FAQ
http://www.immi.gov.au/faqs/Pages/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english.aspx

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the proof of spouse's functional English while applying for PR.
I am not claiming partner points and my spouse is a graduate but has not written any IELTS/TOEFL etc.

Is it necessary for her to write one of these exams and score qualifying marks? Someone mentioned that if we are not claiming spouse's points then a proof of graduation completed in English medium like a letter from college should suffice. However I was not able to find such details in IMMI site.

Could someone confirm this please?

Thanks and Best Regards.
Please check the forum and immi website in detail before posting a query here. Forum isn't meant to be flooded with posts unnecessarily. There's a search function on top right of this page.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please check the forum and immi website in detail before posting a query here. Forum isn't meant to be flooded with posts unnecessarily. There's a search function on top right of this page.
Apologies kettlerope. I shall take care here afterwards.:eek:

·
Registered
960 Posts
There is no harm in posting queries when in doubt, but every forum has a decorum. Spamming the forum by starting threads for already existing threads does no good. There are already multiple threads existing for this topic,performing a self check is always recommend ed

·
Registered
318 Posts
Does BA Degree (2 Years) as a private student from University of the Punjab, Pakistan will count as a proof of Functional English as there was no attendence in the college.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts