Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was born in South Korea and put up for adoption as a baby. Her US parents adopted her at 6 months old, so all she has are her adoption records and naturalization certificate. We're applying for a subclass 403 visa. Does anyone know what alternate documents would suffice in lieu of the birth certificate she does not have?

Thanks!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Do adoption papers carry any DOB ?
Alternatively, have you tried getting an affidavit done ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The adoption papers list her biological parents and DOB, but it is not an official birth certificate. What sort of affidavit?

·
Registered
71 Posts
The adoption papers list her biological parents and DOB, but it is not an official birth certificate. What sort of affidavit?
If she has a US or any other countries passport thats enough. No need for birth certificate. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
If she is unable to obtain a birth certificate (which is the case with most Korean adoptees), then her naturalisation paperwork, adoption records and passport should suffice. No affidavit is needed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My wife was born in South Korea and put up for adoption as a baby. Her US parents adopted her at 6 months old, so all she has are her adoption records and naturalization certificate. We're applying for a subclass 403 visa. Does anyone know what alternate documents would suffice in lieu of the birth certificate she does not have?

Thanks!
Passport which has her DOB mentioned on it should be enough. I did not have my birth certificate and uploaded my Passport details as proof of DOB and it was accepted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts