Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

Just been thinking of bringing my spouse to the UK on a visit visa for a few months, until we get all the paperwork sorted to apply for a spouse visa.

We have known each other for several years, and got married last month in Pakistan. My mum applied last year (January 2014) as I was not working, so she was sponsoring my spouse to come to the UK. They refused this visa on the basis that she would not return back to Pakistan, as we had not shown strong ties.

Her whole family is in Pakistan, and has no one here. They did mention they do not think she will return because she is a student and we did not provide attendance records, however we did provide a letter from her school confirming she was enrolled there.

Is there any chance in applying for a Visitor Visa, with me sponsoring her this time as her spouse? I can ask a friend of mine who is a Police Constable to write a letter to support the application, and also a clerk at Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunal Service, who is a qualified Barrister.

If there is a chance, a list of documents would be nice to support the application. Should we include marriage certificate, WhatsApp conversations, pictures etc? My passport has some 5-6 stamps for Pakistan in the last 5 years.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Dear All

We have known each other for several years, and got married last month in Pakistan. My mum applied last year (January 2014) as I was not working, so she was sponsoring my spouse to come to the UK.

They refused this visa on the basis that she would not return back to Pakistan, as we had not shown strong ties.

Her whole family is in Pakistan, and has no one here.

Thanks in advance
Yes she does...... she now has YOU here - her new husband. Even more reason why she would not return to Pakistan,

Wait until you have the spouse documentation ready.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes she does...... she now has YOU here - her new husband. Even more reason why she would not return to Pakistan,

Wait until you have the spouse documentation ready.
You have a point. Is there not any way to even have some chance of getting a visit visa? Will not be able to apply for a spouse visa before end of september tbh .

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
You have a point. Is there not any way to even have some chance of getting a visit visa? Will not be able to apply for a spouse visa before end of september tbh .
There's always a chance with everything.

If you are going to apply end of September for spouse visa, why would you even be contemplating trying to get a visit visa in the meantime? with the risk of a refusal?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Visitor visa will almost defiantly be refused in my opinion and refusals are not good, especially, when your main goal is to bring her over on a spouse visa.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's always a chance with everything.

If you are going to apply end of September for spouse visa, why would you even be contemplating trying to get a visit visa in the meantime? with the risk of a refusal?
Simple answer. Because we miss each other lol. Would be nice to have her here, even if she has to go back and then apply for a spouse visa.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thought about that. My British passport which I got when when I was born can get me in to probably any country I want, except her green passport needs a visa for nearly every country.

Also if I go abroad, I've not much pais holidays from work left which will mess things up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.