Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I'm assuming you mean that the partner visa has been lodged but not granted yet :). There is no guarantee that they will grant a visitor visa but many forum members have had positive experience. Note that the case officer decides on a case-to-case basis if and how long the partner can visit. Could be 3 months, could be 6.

Note that the partner has to be outside the country for the grant of a 309/100 partner visa, so it is advisable to notify the case officer (CO) working on the partner visa about the visitor visa... especially if the visit is around the expected grant time. In that case the CO will contact you before the visa grant, the partner can take a plane to hop over to NZ to await the grant and return on the partner visa.

Good luck,
Monika

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for your reply. :)
So it basically depends in the hands of the case officer to grant me a visitor visa after I apply for a partner visa.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thank you so much for your reply. :)
So it basically depends in the hands of the case officer to grant me a visitor visa after I apply for a partner visa.
It will be granted, I have traveled on one. But mine was short stay, this would not be extended and no further stay will be applicable for people from high risk nation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually I am on a 3 month tourist visa with a no further stay condition on it.
One of my relative has told me that after applying for a spouse visa I will have to wait for atleast 3 months to apply for a tourist visa or else they will reject my tourist visa application. How true is that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts