Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a permanent residence visa 136 Independent .I have been in Australia since last two years now I am in pakistan and want to getting married with a girl she also has a 422 Medical Practitioner visa it will be expiry on January 2010 .

Can anyone tell me if I got married with her then does she go with me in Australia on this visa and then after how can I apply for spouse visa/or change this visa?

Can anyone tell me the best solution?

Thanks

Ali

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Ali:

She does not go on your visa, instead once you are married you can sponsor her for a spouse visa (there are onshore and offshore options). Then she gets her own spouse visa with you as the sponsoring spouse.

Please search the forum for Spouse visa as this topic has been discussed before.

You can also review the spouse visa information at the Immi.gov.au website.

I would recommend discussing with a migration agent about processing your spouse onshore.

If you were to get married in AU you could also apply for a Prospective Marriage Visa (PMV) - also known as a fiance visa in many countries.

Good luck :)

I have a permanent residence visa 136 Independent .I have been in Australia since last two years now I am in pakistan and want to getting married with a girl she also has a 422 Medical Practitioner visa it will be expiry on January 2010 .

Can anyone tell me if I got married with her then does she go with me in Australia on this visa and then after how can I apply for spouse visa/or change this visa?

Can anyone tell me the best solution?

Thanks

Ali

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for reply as I told you she already have a visa 422 which is valid until 17 January 2010 .IF I will getting married before this date then does she can travel with me on this visa before 17 jan ?.

for example If I getting marrid on 29 Dec then I want to travel on 5 jan so that she has a valid visa does she travel with me on 5 Jan?.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
No, it doesn't work like that. The 422 ends on 17 Jan regardless of the marriage. So she will need a new visa to travel with you. Either that's a visitor visa or a spouse visa, neither of them gets decided in a few days.

thanks for reply as I told you she already have a visa 422 which is valid until 17 January 2010 .IF I will getting married before this date then does she can travel with me on this visa before 17 jan ?.

for example If I getting marrid on 29 Dec then I want to travel on 5 jan so that she has a valid visa does she travel with me on 5 Jan?.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
The 422 is a Temp visa so it expires, so being in AU after that date would make her unlawful unless she has another valid visa that allows her to stay in AU.

Here is the specific condition:
Extending your stay

If you currently hold a Subclass 422 – Medical Practitioner (Temporary) visa and decide to apply for a further visa to extend your stay, a new sponsorship and visa application must be lodged.

422 still valid till 17 Jan 2010 does she travel before that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I accept with information:The 422 is a Temp visa so it expires, so being in AU after that date would make her unlawful unless she has another valid visa that allows her to stay in AU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts