Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am having a PR and working in Australia. I got married few days back and came back to Australia. My wife is still in India. I need to get her TR/PR and then bring her to Australia. Please suggest me which visa I can apply for her and what all documents should be handy with me while filing her case.

Also, can I lodge her application from Australia?
OR
She has to lodge her application from India?

How much time will be taken till grant of visa?

Kindly note, I am looking for a optimal and legal process over here.

Thanks,
Harry

G

·
309/100 spouse visa. She will be given temporary residence to be reviewed in 2 years when it will be changed to PR if your relationship is ongoing in 2 years.

It takes between 8-12 months to be granted. Yes she lodges in India.

G

·
No. The applicant lodges the visa as it is their not your application, to their nearest High Commission, which will probably be Delhi.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Shel,

Just a quick clarification:

Once I get the VISA 189 for me and the dependent s, will this allow my dependent spouse to work in Australia. OR I need to go for ACS and IELTS for her also. Currently we just provided the English supporting language education certificate and applied.

Can she travel to Australia without making me the first entry. My in-laws family members stay there and there are chances that I might want to send her before I travel. Is this allowed or prime applicant is mandatory to travel first.

Your inputs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No. The applicant lodges the visa as it is their not your application, to their nearest High Commission, which will probably be Delhi.
Hi _shel and friends!! thanks for the inputs.

Also, can you please suggest me the total amount of fee I need to pay for partner visa 309/100. For example : -

Base Application charge $3085
Non-Internet Application charge(if applicable) ??
Additional Applicant charge aged 18 years and over $1545
Subsequent Temporary Application Charge ??

If I(sponsor) need to pay the payment in Indian currency, can I pay it via cash through my parents as I am in Australia?

Thanks,
Harpreet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts