Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently on a spuse visa on my SA passport until January 2015. I work mainly as an expat in West Africa, and have been told that I can only apply for indefinite leave to remain a month before the spouse visa expires. I work on rotation and not sure what I will do when I need to apply for the indefinite leave. I was told that once I apply it can take months for a decision, the problem is I am on a 2 year contract starting November with a new company. Does this mean that in December 2014 I will apply for the indefinite leave and will have to remain in the UK until a decision is made. I need to be able to enter and exit the UK due to work, and my wife who is British lives with me onsite in West Africa. I can ill afford to resign in December 2014 and sit around while a decision is made, and believe me I have looked for work in the UK but with no success, I hold a degree in HR Management and busy with my CIPD studies at the moment, advice please

·
Registered
924 Posts
If you and your wife aren't living in the UK, how can you apply for ILR?? It was my impression that not maintaining residency makes your visa invalid. ?

Hopefully, a mod or more experienced poster will be able to help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you and your wife aren't living in the UK, how can you apply for ILR?? It was my impression that not maintaining residency makes your visa invalid. ? Hopefully, a mod or more experienced poster will be able to help you.
i am living here at the moment but will work in west africa very soon this is a temp solution as I need to write certain exams for me to practise HR in the UK. Been here since november 2012

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.