Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a LPR who has been included as a dependent on his family member's tax file can sponsor his wife ?

For example X is married to Y. X is a green card holder and has no income. X has been included as dependent on his father's Tax file. Suppose X now gets some odd job and incoming small amount. can X file petition for his wife Y while being dependent on Tax file or X needs to issue a separate individual tax file? X is thinking to get Co-Sponsor through his father.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
s a green card holder after applying for my spouse is it Mandatory for me to Stay inside US or I can go back to my country and again come back within six months. My resident address is my Uncle's home where I will stay for the moment.

I do some research about this issue and I know I need to show some income and for my understandings I need to stay in US.

But someone said there are some people who are living in NY and also going back to their home country and making entry again within six months....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
s a green card holder after applying for my spouse is it Mandatory for me to Stay inside US or I can go back to my country and again come back within six months. My resident address is my Uncle's home where I will stay for the moment.

I do some research about this issue and I know I need to show some income and for my understandings I need to stay in US.

But someone said there are some people who are living in NY and also going back to their home country and making entry again within six months....
:confused:

·
Registered
2,465 Posts

you can leave for a visit elsewhere ... of course most don't ..they have to stay and work so they can produce the tax documents later to prove they earn the required amonut ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts