Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I married to a refugee visa holder and i got my spouse visa recently and we both are from the same country , as per the home office rules that she can not go to her country. But on my visa, It does not say anything about travel. My question is am I allowed to travel to my own country or no.? Please advice me on this

Thanks

Dinna

·
Registered
13 Posts
If what you have is a spouse visa then there is no restriction to entering your country of origin. You will only hold a spouse visa if your spouse was a holder of indefinite leave to remain or was a British citizen when you applied. If however your spouse is still holding limited leave as a recognised refugee you will have leave in line with her and although you are not barred from doing so it is advisable that you do not enter your country of origin until you all hold your indefinite leave to remain.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If what you have is a spouse visa then there is no restriction to entering your country of origin. You will only hold a spouse visa if your spouse was a holder of indefinite leave to remain or was a British citizen when you applied. If however your spouse is still holding limited leave as a recognised refugee you will have leave in line with her and although you are not barred from doing so it is advisable that you do not enter your country of origin until you all hold your indefinite leave to remain.
Thanks margaret fusco

That means if i travell to my country of orgin it will effect our Ilr application in future . What about the Emergency situations ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.