Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I'm planning to sponsor my husband, we got married in may in Morocco.
We have been in a relationship for 4 years.
I currently live in a one bedroom flat, however i have a child who lives with my mother, we haven't been to court yet to sign over guardianship. My question is will this affect the application? Does a living room count as a bedroom? as i said i only have a one bedroom flat and even though my daughter doesn't live with me, no papers have been signed to say she doesn't live here.
Any advice would be greatly received.
Thankyou

·
Registered
4 Posts
Accommodation Requirements

Hey everyone,
I'm planning to sponsor my husband, we got married in may in Morocco.
We have been in a relationship for 4 years.
I currently live in a one bedroom flat, however i have a child who lives with my mother, we haven't been to court yet to sign over guardianship. My question is will this affect the application? Does a living room count as a bedroom? as i said i only have a one bedroom flat and even though my daughter doesn't live with me, no papers have been signed to say she doesn't live here.
Any advice would be greatly received.
Thankyou
So long as you live in a 1 bed by yourself, it will be fine as you and your husband will be considered to share 1 room.

Also, your living room is considered as a separate room. Please make sure you have some evidence of your accommodation setup. eg a housing inspection, estate agent letter/documentation or other suitable.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thank you for your reply . I have another question and I hope I get it answered. I'm actually not working because I have a disability and I get disability benefits ( esa nd pip) I know that I am exempt from showing the financial threshold 18.600 but what i don't know is this
How much do I need to have coming each week from my benefits so that I can qualify as a sponsor ? And what documents do I need to get to prove it ?
Any advice would happily be recieved

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.