Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Could anyone kindly confirm with your experience that if being a sponsor to my wife (applicant) on her spouse visa, do I need to provide a colour photocopy of my bio page of passport or it has to be a certified copy by for example, the post office?

Secondly, as mentioned on the ukvi website, my wife should provide any previous passports, does it has to be original copy or can be certificated copy of all pages to submit with the application?

Any advice are welcome.

Many thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
If yours is a UK passport, just a plain photocopy of your bio pages.
She should submit original previous passports. If she is going to submit a copy, she should copy every page, preferably certified. Why can't she send in her original previous passport(s)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If yours is a UK passport, just a plain photocopy of your bio pages.
She should submit original previous passports. If she is going to submit a copy, she should copy every page, preferably certified. Why can't she send in her original previous passport(s)?
Hi Joppa

Many thanks for your advice, my wife is currently living in Australia and she has scanned copies on pc but she has probably misplaced it and could not find the original previous passport at the moment. Will this cause any major problem or refused if the case officer do not accept the photocopies?...

In addition to the above, i understand that the Vfsglobal in Australia will scan and sent all documents to Sheffield instead of posting. Does it mean that Vfasglobal will return all original supporting documents (except current passport) once they are scanned after the biometic appointment or they will still be taking a copy?

Many thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I see. Copies will probably suffice then.
She should get all originals back except her current passport.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see. Copies will probably suffice then.
She should get all originals back except her current passport.
Phew~

Sorry another question, I understand that the spouse visa application usually take 60 days/ 12 weeks time for a decision. My wife is worried if the application is not completed by mid December as she will need to her passport back for essential travel. I know that we possible should not to take the risk on submitting the application now as her travel date is roughly 14 weeks if we are able to book the biometric appointment beginning of September.

In your opinion, would it worth to mention anything that she will be traveling in December and would appreciate for a decision as soon as is possible? or this could potentially piss off the officer as they expect us not to make any travel arrangement?

Kind Regards

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing! I'm travelling to the UK to see my husband & family over xmas, I'm wondering if I should hold off and submit the application after I return.

I saw on the Canadian VFS website I can pay to have my passport returned sooner, but it was confusing as it said I can only submit the passport in the Toronto office, and not the Edmonton one (where I'll be doing my biometrics).

I was hoping to submit the application by October so I could aim to be living with my husband by early new year, but it may have to wait if I won't have my passport back in time to travel. Pretty sure you can pay to have your passport returned sooner if you know you will be travelling.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Phew~

Sorry another question, I understand that the spouse visa application usually take 60 days/ 12 weeks time for a decision. My wife is worried if the application is not completed by mid December as she will need to her passport back for essential travel. I know that we possible should not to take the risk on submitting the application now as her travel date is roughly 14 weeks if we are able to book the biometric appointment beginning of September.

In your opinion, would it worth to mention anything that she will be traveling in December and would appreciate for a decision as soon as is possible? or this could potentially piss off the officer as they expect us not to make any travel arrangement?

Kind Regards
Intended travel plans will not influence the processing time and will not be taken into consideration. It takes as long as it takes.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing! I'm travelling to the UK to see my husband & family over xmas, I'm wondering if I should hold off and submit the application after I return.

I saw on the Canadian VFS website I can pay to have my passport returned sooner, but it was confusing as it said I can only submit the passport in the Toronto office, and not the Edmonton one (where I'll be doing my biometrics).

I was hoping to submit the application by October so I could aim to be living with my husband by early new year, but it may have to wait if I won't have my passport back in time to travel. Pretty sure you can pay to have your passport returned sooner if you know you will be travelling.
Not every country has the option to have their passport returned.

Additionally, even if you do have the option to have your passport returned you are expected to refrain from travel to the UK whilst your visa is being processed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Intended travel plans will not influence the processing time and will not be taken into consideration. It takes as long as it takes.
Thanks Nyclon. That's mean I have to take a risk then.

Finally, may I also ask if the case officer do consider the intended travel date we put on the application form? i.e. if we are submitting the application now and put down a 25 February 2018 as the date. If application is successful, will the temporary entry visa be issued for valid from 25 February 2018, for a month to enter and collect the Biometric residence card in the UK? or will they simply ignore it and valid from the date they make their decision?

If they do consider the intended travel date, will there be a chance that they will delay the decision until near the time my wife intended to travel?

Regards

·
Registered
675 Posts
Finally, may I also ask if the case officer do consider the intended travel date we put on the application form? i.e. if we are submitting the application now and put down a 25 February 2018 as the date. If application is successful, will the temporary entry visa be issued for valid from 25 February 2018, for a month to enter and collect the Biometric residence card in the UK? or will they simply ignore it and valid from the date they make their decision?
If I remember correctly, you can only apply three months before your intended travel date. So if you apply today, being 21 August 2017, the latest intended travel date is 21 November 2017.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Thanks Nyclon. That's mean I have to take a risk then.

If they do consider the intended travel date, will there be a chance that they will delay the decision until near the time my wife intended to travel?

Regards
You can apply no more than 3 months before your intended travel date so if you apply now the entry vignette will be valid from the date of the decision.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can apply no more than 3 months before your intended travel date so if you apply now the entry vignette will be valid from the date of the decision.
Thanks nyclon, That's what i thought previously but I am not able to find any details of the earliest application submission. Could you kindly let me know where can i find this information please?

Many thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.