Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm curious for more recent input on a few things regarding our imminent visa application. My husband and I just got married in a no-fuss civil ceremony at a local courthouse (in the US), with the intention of having a nice ceremony with family and friends in the summer in the UK. We really don't have photos from this, other than a couple ridiculous "selfies". We do have the marriage certificate though. Could the lack of photos here be an issue? We have a baby on the way, and a history of trips to see each other, photos over the past couple years, etc.

I will be bringing my minor daughter with me as well. I know I need to prove sole parental responsibility and I am concerned about the differences in terms in the US and UK. I have full legal and physical custody of her, granted by a court. This means I have exclusive custody in terms of making legal decisions on her behalf, and she is with me exclusively. Her biological father has not had contact with her for over 4 years, and she's only 8. Incidentally, he could contact her through me if he wanted as I haven't changed my mobile or email address. He chose drugs over his family. I can also provide proof of this to immigration. Apart from providing certified copies of my custody papers, I also have 3 different letters from her schools stating I was the only known parent, attended school events etc and father was unknown to them. I also have a couple letters from former coaches she played for saying the same thing. Further, I have letters from my family members supporting that bio father has been absent. Her doctor's office has said they are unable to do a letter because his absence is not in her notes, as the notes are only health based, with no mention of who presented her. (This is what you get with a large pediatric practice I guess). Does anyone have any input on this? I know there are some older posts with similar information, but I also know how much things have changed over the past 5 years and I would love some recent insight.

Thanks!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Lack of official wedding photos won't be fatal but you should attach further evidence of a genuine, loving relationship, such as other photos, esp at social occasions shown with other people, travels together, any joint financial responsibility etc.
There has been no change of rules over dependent child. Your court papers and supporting evidence from school should be sufficient. Perhaps a statement by your family lawyer about current parental responsibility and involvement?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.