Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - can someone please confirm the options that must be set when filling out the Spouse Visa application on Visa4UK? I will be the wife after we get married.

I assume I should set the options to:

Type of Visa - settlement
Purpose of Application - settlement
Type of Application - ?

The "Type of Application" options include Wife and Marriage. Which option do I choose? The wife seems like the obvious choice, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a few more questions relating to questions on the application:

Application Question:
You answered Yes to the question 'Do you hold, or have you ever held, any other nationality or nationalities?' Please provide details.

I am an Australian citizen and hold an AU passport. Is it sufficient for me to state this on the application or do I also need to include a copy of my AU passport?

Application Question:
Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?

Does this include the visitor visa that I am currently visiting the UK on?

Application Question:
Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship like a marriage or civil partnership at any time (including since a wedding or civil partnership ceremony)?

Would I answer yes based on the fact that I will have been visiting my partner / sponsor in the UK for 6 months?

Application Question:
Have you or your sponsor ever been married or in a long-term marriage like relationship before?

Does this refer to my sponsor and I having been married to other people in the past?

In regards to previous relationships, I have been married before. Do I need to include a copy of my divorce certificate with the application or is it sufficient to assume that if I am re-married then I was legally divorced beforehand?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Hi - can someone please confirm the options that must be set when filling out the Spouse Visa application on Visa4UK? I will be the wife after we get married.

I assume I should set the options to:

Type of Visa - settlement
Purpose of Application - settlement
Type of Application - ?

The "Type of Application" options include Wife and Marriage. Which option do I choose? The wife seems like the obvious choice, but I'm not sure.
Yes, it should be wife. Marriage is for a fiancée visa.

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
I have a few more questions relating to questions on the application:

Application Question:
You answered Yes to the question 'Do you hold, or have you ever held, any other nationality or nationalities?' Please provide details.

I am an Australian citizen and hold an AU passport. Is it sufficient for me to state this on the application or do I also need to include a copy of my AU passport?
Yes, state Australian. You will have to enclose your passport in any case to have your visa affixed.

Application Question:
Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?

Does this include the visitor visa that I am currently visiting the UK on?
No, because you didn't have to apply for a visa as such but got a stamp in your passport when being admitted as a visitor.

Application Question:
Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship like a marriage or civil partnership at any time (including since a wedding or civil partnership ceremony)?

Would I answer yes based on the fact that I will have been visiting my partner / sponsor in the UK for 6 months?
Visiting doesn't usually mean cohabitation, unless you have actually moved in with him and added your name to his tenancy, for example. You are leaving soon to apply for your spouse visa in US or Australia?

Application Question:
Have you or your sponsor ever been married or in a long-term marriage like relationship before?

Does this refer to my sponsor and I having been married to other people in the past?

In regards to previous relationships, I have been married before. Do I need to include a copy of my divorce certificate with the application or is it sufficient to assume that if I am re-married then I was legally divorced beforehand?
Yes it means that and you have to disclose your previous marriage. You will have to enclose your divorce certificate as part of your supporting documents. The fact you have re-married isn't sufficient evidence, as you may have lied to the registrar and told them it was your first. You still enclose your marriage certificate for your present marriage.

Are you marrying in US, Australia, UK or somewhere else? If you marry in UK, did you get marriage visitor visa for it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, state Australian. You will have to enclose your passport in any case to have your visa affixed.
To clarify, I am American by birth. I received my Australian citizenship after having lived and worked in Australia for a number of years. I will be getting married and applying for my spouse visa from the US and will include my US passport with the application so my visa can be affixed to that. My Australian citizenship is secondary so is it sufficient to just state that I hold Australian citizenship on the application?

Visiting doesn't usually mean cohabitation, unless you have actually moved in with him and added your name to his tenancy, for example. You are leaving soon to apply for your spouse visa in US or Australia?
That's correct. I'm only visiting him for 6 months and then we are going to the US to marry in August after which I will apply for the spouse visa.

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
To clarify, I am American by birth. I received my Australian citizenship after having lived and worked in Australia for a number of years. I will be getting married and applying for my spouse visa from the US and will include my US passport with the application so my visa can be affixed to that. My Australian citizenship is secondary so is it sufficient to just state that I hold Australian citizenship on the application?
In case of dual nationals, you have to choose which passport you intend to travel with and want your visa affixed to. So just give your Australian passport number but there's no need to enclose it.

That's correct. I'm only visiting him for 6 months and then we are going to the US to marry in August after which I will apply for the spouse visa.
Great.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In case of dual nationals, you have to choose which passport you intend to travel with and want your visa affixed to. So just give your Australian passport number but there's no need to enclose it.

Great.
Perfect. Thanks Joppa!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.