Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
I understand many are in similar situations..and the idea of wait and see is advised to all..but boy oh boy is it hard!

Briefly.. I went to the UK November 2013 to visit my then fiancé and stayed until March 2014. Due to incorrect legal advise, and a misunderstanding on the HO website, my husband and I were married March 2014 in the USA and returned to the UK to complete the spouse visa. Needless to say I was denied as I was in the UK as a visitor and we did not provide enough back up for my husbands wages (we only submitted his 6 months of pay slips). Due to an emergency situation, we were issued emergency custody of his children.

After getting the visa denial, we made plans to reapply with a solicitor. Unfortunately we were given incorrect advice again and I left the UK and re-entered a short time later to extend my visitor status due to not having care for my step children that we had custody of. (Yes, I know now this is wrong. Yes, I know now this is not the way we should have done things..we were following legal advise provided to us incorrectly and not double checked). I was then stopped at immigration upon return, told to leave or be deported. We changed my flight back to the U.S. and flew me back within the time frame they gave us. (I was never deported, never told I couldn't return, never given a ban of any time period. Just told they felt I was living in the uk and not visiting).

We are now on week 6 of a spouse visa submitted with a different solicitor..with notes from social services and our MPs office explaining everything. I understand that the Sheffield office can take up to 12 weeks, and that 90% of applications have been processed by our current time frame.

My questions..if anyone out there knows and can provide guidance:
1) are we likely to get an approval (I know..if one could fortel the future, you'd be a lotto winner!!)?
2) is it truly likely to take the full 12 weeks? My apartment here in the states is up in 4 weeks and I desperately want to get back to my husband and kids.
3) is there anyway at all for us to find out where we stand in the line of being processed?
4) what is the process, in cases like ours with poor immigration history, that takes a case longer to decide upon?

I truly appreciate your assistance. I knows ts not the most clean cut situation out there, but every little bit helps. Our solicitors comment of it should be approved no problem does not sit well with me given our past with solicitors.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 Can't tell. Every application is unique and we don't have all your information.
#2 Possibly, can't tell.
#3 You can make an enquiry through https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk. Don't expect much help though. It's still being processed is probable reply.
#4 They pull out all the files they have on you and may do background checks on details you submit, such as employment, accommodation etc. They may also check on other government databases or make inquiries to foreign government.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.