Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was hoping you could answer a couple of questions to help with a spouse visa, hoping to apply for my husband within 2 weeks!

1) Would it be acceptable to use the post office to certify my supporting documents such as passport/mortgage papers or would it be best to use a solicitor?

2) Mortgage documents are a few years old as parents have paid off the mortgage. so would a letter saying they have paid of the mortgage from a couple of years ago plus land registry be acceptable?

3) I'm using income plus savings route. I get a statement annually for my e savings account, last one issued was a couple of months ago, would an interim type overview statement from then to present (looks like a spreadsheet of figures-not a standard statement) be okay?

4 Also, a savings account which is relatively new (under a year) and not due a statement yet- can an interim statement accepted in this case?

Sorry for all the questions, but I would really be grateful for a quick response to the questions whether you can answer partially or in full!
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Hi,
I was hoping you could answer a couple of questions to help with a spouse visa, hoping to apply for my husband within 2 weeks!

1) Would it be acceptable to use the post office to certify my supporting documents such as passport/mortgage papers or would it be best to use a solicitor.
Whose passport? If it's yours, the UK sponsor, you only need a regular photocopy. Mortgage statements, if copies would need to be certified by the mortgage company.

2) Mortgage documents are a few years old as parents have paid off the mortgage. so would a letter saying they have paid of the mortgage from a couple of years ago plus land registry be acceptable?
Can you clarify? Are you living with parents? Why do you mortgage documents!

3) I'm using income plus savings route. I get a statement annually for my e savings account, last one issued was a couple of months ago, would an interim type overview statement from then to present (looks like a spreadsheet of figures-not a standard statement) be okay?
An interim statement is fine but it must be an original (sent by post) or authenticated by the bank.
4 Also, a savings account which is relatively new (under a year) and not due a statement yet- can an interim statement accepted in this case?
Yes, but again, it must be an original and not an online copy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whose passport? If it's yours, the UK sponsor, you only need a regular photocopy. Mortgage statements, if copies would need to be certified by the mortgage company.
Yes, it's my passport (sponsor). I was under the impression I would need to send a certified copy of my passport biodata page and the page showing my visa stamp (as I travelled to pakistan for my marriage) instead of sending the original to sheffield?

Can you clarify? Are you living with parents? Why do you mortgage documents!
Yes, currently living with parents and they own the house. they are happy to accommodate both me and my husband (will get a letter from them). I thought I would need proof of their ownership, land registry deeds plus any proof of their old mortgage (paid off fully)? I didn't want to send the originals so was planning to get them certified.

An interim statement is fine but it must be an original (sent by post) or authenticated by the bank.
The interim esavings account statement does not look very professional-a little like a mini statement receipt but A4 and in black and white. I will try to go in to branch tomorrow to get it stamped.

Thanks so much Nyclon and sorry for the confusion.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Yes, it's my passport (sponsor). I was under the impression I would need to send a certified copy of my passport biodata page and the page showing my visa stamp (as I travelled to pakistan for my marriage) instead of sending the original to sheffield.
No. A photocopy is all that's needed.

Yes, currently living with parents and they own the house. they are happy to accommodate both me and my husband (will get a letter from them). I thought I would need proof of their ownership, land registry deeds plus any proof of their old mortgage (paid off fully)? I didn't want to send the originals so was planning to get them certified.
You need the deed or land registry a council tax or other utility bill - original - and a letter from them giving your spouse permission to live there. B

The interim esavings account statement does not look very professional-a little like a mini statement receipt but A4 and in black and white. I will try to go in to branch tomorrow to get it stamped.
Was it sent to you by post? If so, it's acceptable.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Nyclon for clearing that up and for the fast repsonse, much appreciated.
Yes they were sent through the post but I was able to get the bank to stamp my statements today!

Ah great so I don't really need anything certifying and don't need the mortgage papers either, good news!

For accomodation evidence, I'm assuming I would need the latest land registry or would one from 2014 suffice?

Just to confirm- would a joint support letter from parents, utility water bill (adressed to both parents), land registry/deed, and council tax bill (only adressed to my mum) be okay as accommodation evidence?

If I wasn't able to obtain a land registry document in time, is there an alternative document I could use?

Thanks so much :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Nyclon for clearing that up and for the fast repsonse, much appreciated.
Yes they were sent through the post but I was able to get the bank to stamp my statements today!

Ah great so I don't really need anything certifying and don't need the mortgage papers either, good news!

For accomodation evidence, I'm assuming I would need the latest land registry or would one from 2014 suffice?

Just to confirm- would a joint support letter from parents, utility water bill (adressed to both parents), land registry/deed, and council tax bill (only adressed to my mum) be okay as accommodation evidence?

If I wasn't able to obtain a land registry document in time, is there an alternative document I could use?

Thanks so much :)
sorry, in addition to the above, I will also be adding a housing inspection report. If proof of ownership can only be shown by the land registry (or mortgage letter?). What is the exact name of the land registry document I would need e.g. title register?
Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.