Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

We are in the process of applying for my American husband for visa and have a couple of quick questions.

6 months ago he liquidated a investment account so we could qualify for the savings route. Does he need just to supply the 6 months of savings for this account or should we give statements for his checking account too? He left his job a few months ago and has been living off this money but it has never dipped below £62000. He transfers a little each month to his checking account for living expenses.

Also, I get carers allowance, IS, DLA for my 12 year old son and HB and CtB too.

Do o need to send proof of these if we are going through savings route?

It's so overwhelming and confusing.

Thank you so much.

Jessie

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
He needs his proof of selling his investment, that he had owned it for at least 6 month, and the proceeds going into his current account. Also he needs to show the money has been in his current account for 6 months without being touched. The minimum balance required is £62,500.

You don't need to show evidence of allowances you get if you are going to meet the financial requirement. Because you get carer's allowance, there is an alternative of going under adequate maintenance, in which case you need to show you have at least £199.20 left each week after paying for rent or mortgage and council tax.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joppa

The money is in a schwab bank and he can withdraw when he needs to. I will get Schwab to confirm that money is his and it's his savings from 30 years of work..
He has over $100,000 in there.

So should I give his checking account statements too. (Separate bank) to show he has been able to use some of the money?

We did think about the carers route but it seems so complicated. He will be applying October as he he will have had the money liquidated for 6 months then.

Thank you, appreciate your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.