Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am in the process of applying for a spouse visa from my home country Jordan in order to be able to come to UK and stay with my wife who is from N. Ireland.

I need to know what the exact documents i have to submit along with my spouse visa application given that my wife is exempted from meeting the financial requirement as shes claiming the carers allowance benifit.

A list of the required documents would be very helpful.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I concentrate on financial documents as the other documents are the same for any other spouse visa applicants.
As you are exempt from financial requirements, your wife needs to have £112.55 left each week from her income after subtracting housing cost (rent or mortgage) and council tax. She can include all her disability and other benefits and tax credit in her income. To evidence her income and expenditure, she will need payslips (from a job if any), letter from the benefit and tax credit office about her entitlement, bank statement (over 6 months), tenancy agreement about rent or mortgage statement and council tax bill/statement.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your quick reply Joppa,

Does it have to be 6 months bank statements as she has only been claiming carers allowance now for around 4 weeks and she is getting her wages paid cash (but with pay slips); and she has no savings, does this matter?

Also she still lives at home with her parents and does not pay any rent etc. when i return to the uk that is where i will be staying too rent free.

Another question, do i need a bank statement for myself to prove that i have savings as i dont have a job at the moment cuz i just finished university or all that is that not necessary?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Thanks for your quick reply Joppa,

Does it have to be 6 months bank statements as she has only been claiming carers allowance now for around 4 weeks and she is getting her wages paid cash (but with pay slips); and she has no savings, does this matter?
Or any shorter period during which disability benefit has been received.

Also she still lives at home with her parents and does not pay any rent etc. when i return to the uk that is where i will be staying too rent free.
She needs to enclose a letter from her parents inviting you to live with them, and confirmation that the house won't be overcrowded. I strongly suggest you get property inspection report, usually available from local council for a fee.

Another question, do i need a bank statement for myself to prove that i have savings as i dont have a job at the moment cuz i just finished university or all that is that not necessary?
No, unless your savings are needed to meet the maintenance requirement.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Joppa :)

One last question about the english language requirement, i have an EILTS certificate but it was expired two months ago, I have a master degree certificate from Dundee univeristy, Scotland but i am scared if i submit it along with the appication it wont be returned back to me. Is it safe to submit the original certificate?

Thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It should be if you enclose a photocopy. You hand over your documents at the biometric appointment and if you opt to collect your documents from the visa application centre, there is even less risk of your certificate being lost in transit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.