Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time again 馃様

2 and a half years ago I got given my spouse visa, it's due to end September 2015. Here are Afew questions for Joppa and all the other
experts on here that can help.

1. What means is best? Last time round I used postal and it took 4 months I think this time it's the in person service I will be using. When is the earliest I can book an appointment for renewal? Is it a month before my current visa expires?

2. What is the financial requirement? Is it still 拢18,500? Currently my salary is 拢24,000 am hoping this will be ok?

3. What backup do I need? Letters of us both? We now have a child together what else would I need? Our current lease? Bank statements? Payslips for a year? What more can I add?

4. Lastly what should I look out for should I go for the same day service? Thanks

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Registered
#1. 4 weeks before the 30-month anniversary of your UK entry on your current visa.
#2 拢18,600 without non-EEA children. Your salary is fine.
#3 For financial requirement - payslips, bank statement employment letter, P60, signed contract (latter two if available). For accommodation - tenancy agreement with both names on, council tax or utility bill. For evidence of cohabitation - official letters sent singly or jointly spread throughout your 30 months, joint bills, joint accounts etc. Letters for postal application or if you need to elaborate on certain points.
#4 Nothing. Make sure you turn up on time (they may let you in a bit earlier), both to attend, required documents plus copies, fees and health surcharge (拢500) paid online.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joppa,

Thanks for a fast reply.

Do both my husband and I attend? Ok that I didn't know about. What is the health surcharge? Is this new?

So in total I would need to pay 拢1001 + 拢500 = 拢1501?
Thank you

Registered
#1. 4 weeks before the 30-month anniversary of your UK entry on your current visa.
#2 拢18,600 without non-EEA children. Your salary is fine.
#3 For financial requirement - payslips, bank statement employment letter, P60, signed contract (latter two if available). For accommodation - tenancy agreement with both names on, council tax or utility bill. For evidence of cohabitation - official letters sent singly or jointly spread throughout your 30 months, joint bills, joint accounts etc. Letters for postal application or if you need to elaborate on certain points.
#4 Nothing. Make sure you turn up on time (they may let you in a bit earlier), both to attend, required documents plus copies, fees and health surcharge (拢500) paid online.
hi Joppa, may I clarify this, what you mean by spread throughout 30 months, knowing that if I submit 30 months of bank statements & bills that would be like, a whole loads...

does that mean randomly first month (of the 30), select a few with "gaps" and then the latest... how many would be suffis?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.