Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My wife's spouse visa renewal (FLR-M, 5 year route) was unfortunately refused today, without appeal as the visa had already expired (only 6 days from the application date). The refusal was because of her english language requirement (she has A1, but needed A2 - this was an oversight - everything else was fine). Fortunately, they have placed her on the 10 year route, but I do have a couple of questions:

1. I understand that it is possible to go back on the 5 year route, if I do this will the 5 years start fresh from the date of that new application, or is it from the date she entered the country?

2. If we decide to stay on the 10 year route, does the period start from the date she entered the country?

I would appreciate any help here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to clarify question 2 - do I need to wait 10 years from today before I can apply for ILR or is it 10 years from the date I entered the UK?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Just to clarify question 2 - do I need to wait 10 years from today before I can apply for ILR or is it 10 years from the date I entered the UK?
It would be ten years from the date you first enter the UK with your spouse visa.

The 10 year route is based on the long resident rules in which someone who stayed in the UK legally for 10 years can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.