Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my husband's settlement visa refused. We are applying from overseas and both my current job and job offer in UK pays less than than the required gross annual income of 18600. To meet the shortfall we wanted to combine both salaries with cash saving. My query is do I have
to show two separate cash savings to meet the shortfall of 1) my salary overseas 2) my job offer salary in UK. They have matched my savings with the shortfall in my uk job offer but refused on the grounds that my salary overseas does not meet the 18600. Very confused. Please help. Is it better to appeal? Also if I leave my current job would they ask any documents during the appeal process? Thanks

·
Registered
39,063 Posts
If you are applying under Cat A, you can use savings to supplement your earnings both in your overseas income and in your UK job offer. But if you are applying under Cat B, you can't use savings to bring your overseas earnings received in the last 12 months to the required level, though you can use it for your UK job offer.
So which is which?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Joppa thank you for your reply. When I filled up the form I chose category A and Category D. My current job of 8 years is a salaried job but during the 6 months prior to the application there was one overtime pay and one deduction (I took some No Pay Leave) and salary increment in between as well. What I thought at the time was that they would take the lowest of the 6 salaries times 12 to get the gross. But what they have done is totalled the 6 months divide by 6 then times 12. Is this correct? I think they put me in Cat B. Even though my salary varied I chose to apply in Cat A and supplied only six months pay slip. If under Cat B I think we need to give 12 months pay slip. The lowest of the salary was still sufficient when combined with the cash savings. My UK job Offer is on hourly basis. Sorry for the long answer. But is there any chance if I appeal ? Is it a mistake from the Officer or my misunderstanding?
Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the past 6 months my income was up and down. I applied on May and provided payslips from oct to april. I have 3 days no pay leave deduction on April. My salary increased on Dec and my job letter stated this increased salary as my gross annual salary. I filled up the form accordingly. But I did not earn this salary every month for the past 6 months. Is it because of this that I got refused. I am reading it again and again and going crazy here. Also if I am wrong I do not see any point in appealing. How can I quickly fix my documents and reapply? I am quitting my current job and would like to apply with the same docs by the end of this month. Otherwise I will have no job letter and payslips to submit next month. Please suggest. Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Did you earn at least £18,600 over the past twelve months? If so, then you should have included twelve months' worth of payslips rather than six.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I did not earn that amount. Could I appeal with a new lower gross income so that I am excluded from the variable income part and they could supplement the shortfall with my savings? My savings is still enough with that. Do I have to hire a lawyer for appeal?
Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.