Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Today my wife's spouse visa (uk) was rejected on the basis I do not meet the financial requirement. According to the reasons my pays lips showing my salary (£26962) were not enough. There were no other supporting documents such as p60 or bank statements, contracts etc. I do have such documents and would it be worth appealing?

Thanks
For the advice.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi, did you send in all of the supporting documents? If you applied under Category A, you would need six months of original pay slips, six months of original bank statements, a letter from your company confirming your position, salary, type of employment and your start date. Also your work contract is needed as well. If you never sent this in, you may be best just to re-apply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The refusal was on the basis I did not meet the financial requirement. I did include 7 months of pay slips. However not the other documents.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
You need all the other documents as well. The pay slips alone are not enough evidence unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
1,809 Posts
And chances of overturning decision on appeal by providing these documents?
If you had the documents at the time of application and simply didn't submit them, they can be considered on appeal.

If the missing documents postdate your application, they would be "new" evidence (instead of "additional" evidence) and couldn't be considered.

Keep in mind that an appeal can take anything from a few weeks to over a year.

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
Hi there,

Today my wife's spouse visa (uk) was rejected on the basis I do not meet the financial requirement. According to the reasons my pays lips showing my salary (£26962) were not enough. There were no other supporting documents such as p60 or bank statements, contracts etc. I do have such documents and would it be worth appealing?

Thanks
For the advice.
If you knew that supporting documents were needed (you mention them above) why did you not present them with your application?

An appeal could take up to a year with no guarantee that you would win, so re-apply with all the necessary documents.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I was in Vietnam I didn't have all the documents to hand. Expensive mistake. I guess if I re submit with all the required documents it would be ok? When can I re apply?

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
When I was in Vietnam I didn't have all the documents to hand. Expensive mistake. I guess if I re submit with all the required documents it would be ok? When can I re apply?
As soon as you like.

You will now have the NHS surcharge to pay in addition to the visa fees.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.