Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

Thank you to everyone that contributed; today we received entry clearance for my Husband. For anyone in the same position, we submitted our documents to Sheffield on September 24th, they arrived September 26th, and we received notification exactly 3 weeks later that a decision had been made. Today, we received all our paperwork back, including some of the copies, and a entry clearance stamp in my Husbands passport. But that's it. I was expecting a letter or something to tell us what to expect at border control at the airport. But nothing, no letter, no other communication. The Issue Date is October 15th, so does this mean my Husband has to travel within 3 months....I think this is what I read on the forum..? We provided an expected travel date of Dec 7th.

We also did not have an original of my Sisters letter to confirm we could live with her, or originals of her bills. Obviously, I can't speak for others and whether this would work in another situation.

Thanks again everyone, I could not have done this without the forum.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No you don't get any letter of explanation when you are successful. You are supposed to read up on Home Office site. You should enter within 3 months of Oct 15th so that you still have enough time left to complete the 2.5 years in UK required to renew your leave for further 30 months.
There is no special precautions to take when going through the UK border. Just answer any questions truthfully, never lose your cool and be polite. They may ask you about the UK partner's job, where you are going to live and how you must renew your leave in 30 months. If you are arriving together, fine but if you are going to be met at the airport, make sure your partner is contactable by mobile phone.

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
They don't always honour requests for future travel dates. It seems as if yours was issued on the decision date. The visa is issued for 33 months. You can travel anytime from the valid from til the valid to date. Basically it's to give you 3 months to get yourself organised to move. It's in your best interest to arrive in the UK with 30 months left on your visa so you are on track for FLR in 2 .5 years and ILR in 5. If you delay your entry and have less than 30 months left upon your 1st entry, you'll have to renew FLR an additional time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.