Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Joppa,

My application was put on hold due to sponsor's savings are in investment form. I decided to withdraw the application and reapply. My husband is in process to transfer his 2 investments to savings account. Here are documents that I plan to include in my new application:

1) Investment transaction history from 2009 to date of withdrawal.

2) Closing statement showing value of fund as of withdrawal date.

3) Letter from Halifax and Scottish Widows saying that the accounts have been closed and transferred to Barclays saving account no XXXXX

4) Barclays bank statement showing 6 months transaction including amount from investments.

5) Barclays credit advice showing fund received from Halifax and Scottish Widows.

Total amount held in investment and savings from last 6 months is definitely above £62.5k. Please advise if I miss any documents in support of his financial.

*I assume the rest of the documents are accepted by ECO as they were not highlighted in their email*

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
In addition you need to show the value of investments six months before application, if (1) above doesn't show it. The cash value at the point of sale cannot be greater than its value 6 months previously.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In addition you need to show the value of investments six months before application, if (1) above doesn't show it. The cash value at the point of sale cannot be greater than its value 6 months previously.
Investment is valued annually and bank is not able to provide the value from last 6 months. Can I take value from last annual statement as of Dec'12 instead? Amount is definitely lower than cash value.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that will be fine.
Thank you Joppa. I've just received statement showing investment value from Jan'13 up to encashment date. Bank is unable to provide transaction history from the date investment took place in 2009 (been asking them to send it 3 times!). Is this suffice?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One last question, my sponsor put £15k investment in 2009 does he needs to declare that the money is not from loan or gift?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes. A letter explaining it and bank statement showing funds transfer.
It was deposited by cheque in 2009 and no bank transfer involved. He doesnt keep copy of the cheque either (didn't expect it is needed for visa application). Can I explain it in a letter?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.